• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic Con Sept 8-10, 2023
4 4

162 posts in this topic

I brought $1,500 to spend and I ended up spending my bank roll but I ended up having quite a time finding books that I felt still had some meat left on the bone even after booths were cutting prices by 30-50%.  Wondering around the room really highlights how many copper / bronze books are out there waiting to find a good home.  My two big books was a ASM 229 and ASM 230 both in CGC 9.8 cases.  I don’t typically buy slabs but I’m hoping they will do well as a combo.

The vibe at the Con on Friday felt very tame compared to previous years but I did see quite a few big purchases being made with most of them being dealer to dealer.  If you had the goods they were selling and guys like Burns who keeps his prices low seemed to do very well but I did hear some grumblings from guys who didn’t have the goods.  Lots of discount signs came out Friday and I wonder how far the discounts will go today.  

Had a great time. It definitely never seemed to get too crowded on Saturday, which seems unusual. Usually by 1-2 it starts to get hard to get around and dig into boxes. Will post pictures of my pick ups later. Did get a chance to catch up with @Murphman13 and picked up a nice book with a Frazetta internal work. 

On 9/10/2023 at 8:53 AM, 1Cool said:

The vibe at the Con on Friday felt very tame compared to previous years but I did see quite a few big purchases being made with most of them being dealer to dealer.  If you had the goods they were selling and guys like Burns who keeps his prices low seemed to do very well but I did hear some grumblings from guys who didn’t have the goods.  Lots of discount signs came out Friday and I wonder how far the discounts will go today.  

Thanks for all the wonderful pics!

On 9/10/2023 at 6:53 AM, 1Cool said:

Wow, thanks for all the booth shots! Amazing and blinding amount of books. One thing I noticed is all the smaller booths and “mom and pop” type booths. If you can’t go home with a stack, you aren’t much of a collector. And Don Rosa with only one guy in his booth. Reminds me a lot of the way SDCC used to be.

With all those dealers, I would suspect the competition would be fierce. Sounds like there might have been some deals for hard working collectors.

A show, I really need to put on my list for next year. 

On 9/10/2023 at 6:53 AM, 1Cool said:

thanks for all the great pics! looking forward to more reports about how this show went from collectors, dealers and everyone in-between.