• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Adams CGC Signing
8 8

290 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2023 at 12:32 PM, Miketaylorwork said:

Uh, wait what's happening?  The remarks aren't done (I have one in there), and they have now been broken out of their protective slabs (I had a 9.8 slab) and what, shipped to California?  Ya'll better be real soft on grading these or you're going to have a ton of complaints.  There is no way I would have sent in my book if I knew that was going to be the workflow.  This just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. 

Interesting.

Edited by Phrawst

On 9/15/2023 at 11:22 AM, CGC Mike said:

So, I just reached out to someone that knows everything that goes on in the SS program.  We have all of the books.  The artist did not take them with him.  We will get this wrapped up as soon as possible.

A quality update, and a tag as he was wondering = @Miketaylorwork

On 9/15/2023 at 2:50 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @melanrus,

Art was only able to complete a small handful of remarques, along with all of his regular signature submissions during his signing. Art is actively working on them, and as soon as his submissions come back we'll have them expedited through the system. We do not have an estimated timeline for these to be completed however because of the amount of time it takes for each of these remarques. We thank you for your patience. 

Got the above reply 6 hours ago, so we just have to be patient for these remarques.  it's going to be be at least 6-8 more weeks to see any movement in these so I'm going to stop checking my CGC orders twice daily until December I guess. :nyah:

On 9/15/2023 at 12:22 PM, CGC Mike said:

So, I just reached out to someone that knows everything that goes on in the SS program.  We have all of the books.  The artist did not take them with him.  We will get this wrapped up as soon as possible.

@CGC Mike so now we have to wait for him to fly back to Florida with no idea when/if that will happen?

On 9/16/2023 at 3:39 PM, AceHazard said:

Dang. I’d almost rather they got sent with Arthur to work on. Maybe CGC will bring the remaining books to NYCC and get Arthur to do them there.  

Really anything would be better than the silence they gave us, until there was enough chatter from us. If this thread would not have gotten any traction I am quite certain they would of never said anything.

All we want is some communication as to what is going on with this.

On 9/17/2023 at 1:03 AM, Maboc said:

Really anything would be better than the silence they gave us, until there was enough chatter from us. If this thread would not have gotten any traction I am quite certain they would of never said anything.

All we want is some communication as to what is going on with this.

I tried reaching out to the sig series IG account will report back.

Edited by Phrawst

On 9/17/2023 at 7:17 AM, Phrawst said:

I tried reaching out to the sig series IG account any they were clueless as to what I was talking about and then stopped replying. 

From the wording of Mikes last reply it seems to me that they don’t even have a date set for when this will happen. Probably why they weren’t able to provide more info. 

On 9/17/2023 at 11:32 AM, AceHazard said:

From the wording of Mikes last reply it seems to me that they don’t even have a date set for when this will happen. Probably why they weren’t able to provide more info. 

Probably.

Edited by Phrawst

On 9/17/2023 at 8:53 AM, Phrawst said:

How hard is it to make a post to keep your customers informed?? So brutal.

At least an update section for Signature series books for each signer, telling us all:

#1the planned date of the signing,

#2 post if the signing has been completed,

#3 updates to signing that are incomplete (along with weekly updates) and maybe

#4 tell us how the signed/remarqued books are moving forward so i'm not looking at my orders twice daily looking for movement when i'm just WASTING my time because things have'nt even been done.  

Edited by melanrus

On 9/17/2023 at 12:28 PM, melanrus said:

At least an update section for Signature series books for each signer, telling us all:

#4 tell us how the signed/remarqued books are moving forward so i'm not looking at my orders twice daily looking for movement when i'm just WASTING my time because things have'nt even been done.  

This is not unreasonable.  If people are unsatisfied with the level of communication and want change, they should probably consider contacting CGC directly with constructive, well-thought out criticism, and reasonable suggestions on ways to improve. If enough people have concerns, perhaps changes will be made. 

On 9/18/2023 at 2:43 PM, revat said:
On 9/17/2023 at 2:28 PM, melanrus said:

This is not unreasonable.  If people are unsatisfied with the level of communication and want change, they should probably consider contacting CGC directly with constructive, well-thought out criticism, and reasonable suggestions on ways to improve. If enough people have concerns, perhaps changes will be made. 

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/69-sigseries-event-central/

They used to have a whole section of them to update here at the top of the Signature Forum, I don't remember how and why that changed. (shrug) 

If nothing else, I wish they would update the status page, I thought I read on a post recently that said there were going make some updates. I would like to see a "Scheduled for Signing" status before the "Scheduled for Grading" status. I have one at "Scheduled for Grading" status for over a year. 

• Administrator
On 9/18/2023 at 3:49 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/69-sigseries-event-central/

They used to have a whole section of them to update here at the top of the Signature Forum, I don't remember how and why that changed. (shrug) 

I have requested that I be given the info for each private signing that happens in the future.  I will start and sticky the threads at the top like before.  I will do my best to find out the answers of the questions for each signing..