• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Adams CGC Signing
8 8

290 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2023 at 1:49 PM, FAKadar said:

I sent this back for another remarque up top. Arthur did Venom from his first signing. 

FB_IMG_1685810351396.jpg

Cant wait to see this one with 2nd remarque.  I had wanted to submit this same book for three remarques of wolverine, hulk and ghostrider (new ff), but cgc said no to doing more than one remarque per book.

On 12/13/2023 at 8:25 AM, BOS said:

I recently received back this Longshot sketch by Arthur Adams. I love the sketch. My only complaint would be that I submitted a slabbed 9.8 copy and it came back 9.6. 

20231209_085402.jpg

Great remarque, but that grade drop is exactly what we are all afraid of with the way CGC are handling/treating this "private" signing. All these books should be at CGC and the work done there rather than shipping to Art, risking this sort of issue with downgrades on our prized books from all the unnecessary handling.

Edited by Every Day A Story

On 12/13/2023 at 4:57 AM, melanrus said:

Cant wait to see this one with 2nd remarque.  I had wanted to submit this same book for three remarques of wolverine, hulk and ghostrider (new ff), but cgc said no to doing more than one remarque per book.

I hope I see it back someday. 😄

*UPDATE* This was actually a signing facilitated at a Con by this team and looks like they got their books back quick smart as all the books were done and submitted at that Con. We perhaps should have gone with this approach rather than through CGC. *UPDATE*

Not sure if this is the same CGC signing, but someone else got their book back in November. Apparently the whole thing was "seamless."

Screenshot_20231231-085326.thumb.png.f9f8e0b260116d5ad77e021566b941a6.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1fe5Ogvq9o/?igsh=dmtobW0zamx4YThu

Edited by Every Day A Story
UPDATE on post.

On 12/30/2023 at 4:54 PM, Every Day A Story said:

*UPDATE* This was actually a signing facilitated at a Con by this team and looks like they got their books back quick smart as all the books were done and submitted at that Con. We perhaps should have gone with this approach rather than through CGC. *UPDATE*

Not sure if this is the same CGC signing, but someone else got their book back in November. Apparently the whole thing was "seamless."

Screenshot_20231231-085326.thumb.png.f9f8e0b260116d5ad77e021566b941a6.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1fe5Ogvq9o/?igsh=dmtobW0zamx4YThu

This was a separate thing from the CGC signing...not sure what was paid for this, but I'm figuring it was Arthur's regular con rates (probably $500 level).

On 1/3/2024 at 5:33 PM, Dex25 said:

Got a surprise in the mail and got all 3 of my comics back.  All 9.8 and all beautiful.  CGC didn't even send me a shipping notification.  It just arrived at the door.  Sure enough, when I checked my account, the Art Adam's books had shipped.  This is my favorite of the 3.  I'd like to think that he enjoyed drawing this.

A.jpg

Whoa! Nice alternative to the usual, extra special! I'm curious what the other 2 were as well!

Godzilla blasting fireballs!?:flamethrower:

On 1/4/2024 at 10:33 AM, Dex25 said:

Got a surprise in the mail and got all 3 of my comics back.  All 9.8 and all beautiful.  CGC didn't even send me a shipping notification.  It just arrived at the door.  Sure enough, when I checked my account, the Art Adam's books had shipped.  This is my favorite of the 3.  I'd like to think that he enjoyed drawing this.

A.jpg

Love it. I asked for a Godzilla Remarque on this book.

IMG_20230618_163646140.thumb.jpg.a08b1e2f8f2a5efba3837e78787da2bb.jpgIMG_20230618_163652985.thumb.jpg.98087fb8bfd4d5cca559ed89b7b860c5.jpg

On 1/3/2024 at 6:33 PM, Dex25 said:

Here are the other 2 I got.  I love them both!  But Godzilla is still my favorite.

CGC4273482-002_OBV.jpg

CGC4273478-001_OBV copy.jpg

On 1/6/2024 at 11:08 AM, Dex25 said:

Here are the other 2 I got.  I love them both!  But Godzilla is still my favorite.

CGC4273482-002_OBV.jpg

CGC4273478-001_OBV copy.jpg

That Jean Krackle of fire looks nice, I had to analyze the fire lines lol 

The character looks like her enough too without any really identifying characteristics, other than Fire and the Book Title. Well Done.

I can already tell this is gonna be a fun next couple of months. Where everyone who sent in blanks is getting their $500+ works back, and the rest of us will wait for months, or maybe another year before we see anything back. It's gonna feel extra bad when, for his next signing, they don't allow blanks because of this mess.