• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've had issues with CGC before but nothing like this
10 10

101 posts in this topic

Just had an order finished and blown away by this. First as usual CGC made errors on 2 of my labels I sent in two very very rare Canadian Editions of Firehair 9 and Kathy 1. CGC put them both as US edition. If you open the front cover its shows it that they are both Canadian. I sent them in as Canadian editions and even messaged CGC when they had the description wrong during grading. But the real issue and this should be a major concern for CGC is I sent in a Jumbo Comics 102. It was around a 4.5 to 5.0. I get the grade on Friday and its a 2.0. I was confused and looked at the image online. Its missing the top corner of the book and the bottom staple is now detached. Unbelievable. I take all photos of books before I send them . below are teh photos. Starting the process of fighting with cgc today. Wish me luck, I'm just happy it wasn't a big value book and this was for my personal collection

Jumbo comics 102.jpg

Jumbo 102 raw.jpg

that is unbelievable. I’ve seen many many mechanical errors but to tear an entire corner off a book? I almost want to believe there was two copies that grader was grading and he somehow switched them. If someone there submitted a Jumbo 102 with a missing corner and it came back magically healed, ‘fess up!

On 8/21/2023 at 2:04 PM, Cman429 said:

that is unbelievable. I’ve seen many many mechanical errors but to tear an entire corner off a book? I almost want to believe there was two copies that grader was grading and he somehow switched them. If someone there submitted a Jumbo 102 with a missing corner and it came back magically healed, ‘fess up!

No its 100% my book. There is a shadow along the top and shadowing under the male. So its 100% my book. Honestly if i'm CGC this is a situation where they need to trace back who touched my book as someone tried to just cover this up. 

I would request a refund on the cost of grading, as well as the full estimated value of the book when you submitted it. 

This seems waaay outside the spec of 'wear and tear during grading' or whatever you agree to in the submission.

Curious to see if the cover was torn before it even got to the grading stage: "Well, look at this, this sure is a great copy of Jungle Comics, gosh, this might even be like a 5 or 6! OOPS I RIPPED IT IT'S A 2 SLAB IT"

On 8/21/2023 at 3:04 PM, Cman429 said:

That was my first thought too but the sun fade on the before/after pics convinced me otherwise. Horrible stuff like this makes me super reluctant to do another sub of my really prized copies of books :(

On 8/21/2023 at 1:36 PM, Dinohin22 said:

I take all photos of books before I send them .

Finally, a smart person with a complaint!

On 8/21/2023 at 1:36 PM, Dinohin22 said:

Jumbo 102 raw.jpg

hm Well, I might have to retract my earlier statement. What the hell is that?