• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've had issues with CGC before but nothing like this
10 10

101 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2023 at 11:41 AM, Iconic1s said:

And old CCS service before CGC bought Classics… I remember several times being advised personally by Matt not to press a Golden Age book (too fragile) or to just not press a book, period, because it wouldn’t benefit.

Back then you felt like you had sent your books to be pressed and graded by someone that loved them as much as you did… now I’m not even convinced my Moderns are pressed half the time.

That’s why I own the pressing machine to save time and money since CGC bought CCS.
I totally agreed Matt for not pressing old fragile books but they are doing it nowadays. So far, I submitted five books to CCS. Two ungraded raw copies were returned that restorations wouldn’t be removed. Both didn’t get pressed. One came back with same grade. Last two books were downgraded by one grade. I waited for those books getting back in more than a year.
Mine is about 93-95% successful rate (out of 2000+). I am doing my personal books but I did few books for other people.

Edited by JollyComics

:cheers:

I'm just saying...

put me in charge, and you aren't going to have any hairs of questionable origin floating around in your slabs. 

I'm sending that :censored: back to the kitchen. Blackstone's accountants don't mean anything to a quality control maniac like myself. 

Edited by newshane

On 8/22/2023 at 4:14 PM, Dinohin22 said:

Why would I send a piece of the book with it???? That would just be weird.  

Yes, very weird. But I guess CGC thinks otherwise. (shrug)

It's the end of the week. Anything to report?

Did they check the video? Let me guess, they answered the exact same way they always do when asked to check the video ... "There is no video in this instance.":

On 8/25/2023 at 1:08 PM, jsilverjanet said:

the problems that keep coming up can be easily reduced

the issue is that CGC cares more about profits than quality at this point

we keep sending in books, why should they care to make any changes, according to revenue, things have never been better

That's exactly it.

On 8/21/2023 at 10:48 PM, ExNihilo said:

I wonder what goes through a persons head when they're unboxing/unbagging/handling/doing whatever and then rip part of the cover off.  Is it like "oopsie, no one will notice".

CGC and your books: 

Idontcareanymore.gif.60cfb37340a318615870d50a4788b24a.gif

Edited by jcjames

On 8/28/2023 at 12:39 PM, jcjames said:

That corner is large enough to be somewhere at CGC. 

Stuck in the new state-of-the-art, high-speed, AI-powered sorting machine most likely. 

Or it was eaten along with the doritos chips the person who was opening the package was munching on while working. 

CGC and your books: 

Idontcareanymore.gif.60cfb37340a318615870d50a4788b24a.gif

The piece is inside the book

Screenshots_2023-08-28-12-42-46.png

On 8/25/2023 at 3:18 PM, Gaard said:

Yes, very weird. But I guess CGC thinks otherwise. (shrug)

It's the end of the week. Anything to report?

Did they check the video? Let me guess, they answered the exact same way they always do when asked to check the video ... "There is no video in this instance.":

Books have been sent back to CGC claims department. The ripped books and my incorrect label books. Guess we will see what happens. When looking at the book. You can see that it is also a fresh rip. the edges of the rip are all a crisp white. 

Edited by Dinohin22