• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've had issues with CGC before but nothing like this
10 10

101 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2023 at 10:35 PM, Domo Arigato said:

It's almost as if they were bought by some huge alternative investment management company which only cares about their bottom line......and doesn't give two rat farts about their customers or quality control.

Almost.

When your competition trips over their own feet, you don't have to run faster than the bear, you just have to trip less often than the other guys.  I think that's how the saying goes.  

Edited by Nick Furious

On 8/22/2023 at 12:58 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:
On 8/22/2023 at 2:23 AM, Lightning55 said:

Potatoes are under-appreciated.

True. They are unfairly roasted.

Jacket in you two.

• Administrator

@Dinohin22   Management wanted me to ask you this:

Was that top part of the cover compromised when you sent it in, and do you have a clearer picture of the raw copy?

You can send the other two back in to be evaluated for Canadian editions.

On 8/22/2023 at 8:20 AM, CGC Mike said:

@Dinohin22   Management wanted me to ask you this:

Was that top part of the cover compromised when you sent it in, and do you have a clearer picture of the raw copy?

You can send the other two back in to be evaluated for Canadian editions.

Good morning CGC Mike, 

Yes, I already spoke with CGC yesterday afternoon and the two Canadian books (Firehair 9 and Kathy 1) will be sent back to get the labels fixed up. Both books are not on the census and will be the first editions graded. The Firehair 9 is Superior and the Kathy 1 is Better Publications. I'm just a little disappointed as I sent the books in with the proper descriptions and if the grader had looked at the inside cover they would have seen it. This is not the first time I've had an issue with a book not getting the proper Canadian label. I am also sending back the Jumbo Comics 102 for the claims department to review. The cover had no issues and both staples were attached on the book (besides the corner rip the bottom staple is now detached according to the notes). It was a 4.5/5.0 range. I tried to enhance the photo as it was originally taken as a group shot of my books. So I had to enlarge it. I had taken a pic more to remember books I sent in rather than something like this could happen. I attached the original full picture as well. The book was purchased at 204comics in Winnipeg, MB (Canada) a few weeks ago and the owner can also vouch that there was no issues with the book. Again the good news is that this is not a high value book. I love Fiction House books and it was just for my PC. My biggest concern and I think everyone's concern (and not to accuse anyone/accidents happen) is that you might have an employee that is hiding something like this.       

Jumbo 102 Raw enhanced.png

Jumbo pic.jpg

On 8/22/2023 at 9:54 AM, zzutak said:

@CGC Mike, with all due respect, this question from "Management" is totally inappropriate and should never have been asked.  It makes "Management" look like total weasel-like clowns.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that the top-right corner was severely compromised.  Shouldn't whoever was handling the book when this large chunk detached have contacted their supervisor to document the problem and ask for guidance?  Shouldn't the supervisor then have contacted @Dinohin22 to alert him to this issue and ask whether he still wanted to have the book graded?  Shouldn't each of those contacts be noted in this book's digital record?  And where is the missing chunk?

What am I missing here?  (shrug)  Please help me understand why Management's question is appropriate.  :foryou:

My initial impression was that CGC was playing a little 'CYA'.  :shy:

On 8/22/2023 at 4:57 PM, Galen130 said:

My initial impression was that CGC was playing a little 'CYA'.  :shy:

Mine was that they saw a smouldering cigarette on the office carpet and thought the best course of action was to pour petrol on it. 

On 8/22/2023 at 10:00 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Mine was that they saw a smouldering cigarette on the office carpet and thought the best course of action was to pour petrol on it. 

Or that...🤣🤣🤣

On 8/22/2023 at 11:54 AM, zzutak said:

@CGC Mike, with all due respect, this question from "Management" is totally inappropriate and should never have been asked.  It makes "Management" look like total weasel-like clowns.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that the top-right corner was severely compromised.  Shouldn't whoever was handling the book when this large chunk detached have contacted their supervisor to document the problem and ask for guidance?  Shouldn't the supervisor then have contacted @Dinohin22 to alert him to this issue and ask whether he still wanted to have the book graded?  Shouldn't each of those contacts be noted in this book's digital record?  And where is the missing chunk?

What am I missing here?  (shrug)  Please help me understand why Management's question is appropriate.  :foryou:

This (thumbsu