• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sept Heritage Signature Auction
3 3

281 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2023 at 3:11 PM, delekkerste said:

I don't know if I want to live in a world where this page sells for $6K more than the Neal Adams Action #399 cover... :sorry: 

Prices are all over the place today, and when you do some apples to oranges comparisons like this really make no sense. Although this one we know is simply the lamest character of the last 40 years compared to the most popular version of one of the most popular.

On 9/15/2023 at 3:36 PM, Michael Browning said:

Compared to what all the naysayers were predicting, it sold pretty high.

Michael, the ‘naysayers’ did not state that this page wouldn’t sell for a high price ( go back and re-read the posts).

what the ‘naysayers’ stated was that this page wouldn’t sell for nearly the same amount of the page had Miller pencils on the same board.  I am one of the folks who still stand by this statement 

On 9/15/2023 at 3:40 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Michael, the ‘naysayers’ did not state that this page wouldn’t sell for a high price ( go back and re-read the posts).

what the ‘naysayers’ stated was that this page wouldn’t sell for nearly the same amount of the page had Miller pencils on the same board.  I am one of the folks who still stand by this statement 

This. And it was still low based on what I thought taking everything into consideration. 

Yeah, Miller pencils on the board and I think it goes for probably double that amount now (and would have gone for even more than that at the height of the market, IMO).

On 9/15/2023 at 2:14 PM, delekkerste said:

I don't want to break confidences, but, some consignors are taking a bath today. Not going to point out specific pieces, but, just a reminder that just because some prices look "strong" or "healthy" today doesn't mean that people didn't pay even more when the market was hotter. 

Yeah, depends on when you bought into the pieces and from whom. Anything picked up from 2020-present and put back into an auction aren't having a great day. 

Boris Vallejo SSOC #12 Cover at Heritage today = $78,000

Barry Windsor-Smith Conan #5 Cover at CLink last week:  $70,000

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47i7imhisvnygzrxlokz

(To be sure, the SSOC is a better Boris work than the Conan #5 is a great example of BWS' work...but still. :fear:)

Edited by delekkerste

On 9/15/2023 at 2:33 PM, batman_fan said:

Peanuts stuff definitely soft.  This would have been $20k floor, $25k expected 1 to 2 years ago and the only reason it closed this high is I was the underbidder and ran it up.  I thought I was going to win it for ~12k for a little while.

IMG_0902.jpeg

I dunno, this example holds little appeal to me. Linus as the central character. Lucy present but not sarcastic or sociopathic in any way. 

On 9/15/2023 at 1:57 PM, comix4fun said:

I dunno, this example holds little appeal to me. Linus as the central character. Lucy present but not sarcastic or sociopathic in any way. 

I actually liked it a lot.  Linus’s expression is great.  At less than $15k for a 1962, well bought.  I hope prices stay like this through the rest of the year.

I’m talking about the people who talked to me off the boards who were naysayers. I understand and respect your point of view on it, totally, so no offense was meant to you.

On 9/15/2023 at 3:00 PM, batman_fan said:

I actually liked it a lot.  Linus’s expression is great.  At less than $15k for a 1962, well bought.  I hope prices stay like this through the rest of the year.

There are ALWAYS so many P-nutz to choose from, like Kirby pages. It's hard to really STRETTTTTCH for anything that's not really exceptional because we've been tripping over lots of choices for years upon years. 

On 9/15/2023 at 4:03 PM, comix4fun said:

There are ALWAYS so many P-nutz to choose from, like Kirby pages. It's hard to really STRETTTTTCH for anything that's not really exceptional because we've been tripping over lots of choices for years upon years. 

Yeah. If you really wanted a Peanuts page featuring exclusively Peppermint Patty, this was your auction. 

On 9/15/2023 at 3:55 PM, delekkerste said:

Boris Vallejo SSOC #12 Cover at Heritage today = $78,000

Barry Windsor-Smith Conan #5 Cover at CLink last week:  $70,000

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47i7imhisvnygzrxlokz

(To be sure, the SSOC is a better Boris work than the Conan #5 is a great example of BWS' work...but still. :fear:)

That might be Boris' best Conan painting.