• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attempting to collect the worlds best collection of video game comic 1st apps in 9.8 only!
2 2

232 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2024 at 1:06 PM, Yorick said:

Is there a Bone video game??  And why is there a Fables in there?

I thought Mass Effect was awesome, and I love that comic!

Great pics!  :cloud9:

Yes! Made by Telltale games, They also made the Wolf Among Us, which is based in the Fables comics! So I got the Fables#1 in there which is 1st Snow and Big B which are the main characters of the game. And the Sequel game is coming soon actually!

Edited by FloridianDemon

On 7/6/2024 at 12:19 PM, FloridianDemon said:
On 7/6/2024 at 12:06 PM, Yorick said:

Is there a Bone video game??  And why is there a Fables in there?

I thought Mass Effect was awesome, and I love that comic!

Great pics!  :cloud9:

Yes! Made by Telltale games, They also made the Wolf Among Us, which is based in the Fables comics! So I got the Fables#1 in there which is 1st Snow and Big B which are the main characters of the game. And the Sequel game is coming soon actually!

Wondered that myself with the fables, and did you ever decide on "darksiders?"

On 7/6/2024 at 2:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yeah, the one where I found a comic version of the one you had, that came out before all the other darksiders books, the one I have got wrecked in the mail tho sadly so im looking on that one

On 7/6/2024 at 1:45 PM, FloridianDemon said:
On 7/6/2024 at 1:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yeah, the one where I found a comic version of the one you had, that came out before all the other darksiders books, the one I have got wrecked in the mail tho sadly so im looking on that one

ah THAT is unfortunate... :sorry: 

Here's one for you to add to your list to chase down. This copy is on its way back to me and is not currently for sale, but I thought I should make note of it here since at least one website cataloguing video-game-to-comic-book adaptations says that it doesn't exist.

Eagle-eyed readers may note that I'm going to have to decide whether this needs to be sent back because of the miscredited label. As the front cover indicated, CGC swapped the story and art attributions on the label here. Normally I wouldn't bother, but there's already going to be two other books heading back to Florida because of a label swap, sooo... yeah.

Anyway, Contra: The Comic. It exists.

image.thumb.jpeg.5693143bd29614381c1b54b111a3e96c.jpeg

On 7/6/2024 at 12:19 PM, FloridianDemon said:

Have you ever played it? I heard about it at the time but then quickly forgot a few weeks later. It looked like it was designed for small children (shrug)

‘That’s a very nice 7th printing of #1 you’ve got there! The logo color is probably my second fave after the red :)

On 7/8/2024 at 1:11 PM, DocGo said:

Have you ever played it? I heard about it at the time but then quickly forgot a few weeks later. It looked like it was designed for small children (shrug)

‘That’s a very nice 7th printing of #1 you’ve got there! The logo color is probably my second fave after the red :)

Yeah i replayed that game often its really good, it follow the comics very well. Yeah I love the bone, The prints confuse me tho, its labels 9th on the slab

On 7/8/2024 at 12:57 PM, Qalyar said:

Here's one for you to add to your list to chase down. This copy is on its way back to me and is not currently for sale, but I thought I should make note of it here since at least one website cataloguing video-game-to-comic-book adaptations says that it doesn't exist.

Eagle-eyed readers may note that I'm going to have to decide whether this needs to be sent back because of the miscredited label. As the front cover indicated, CGC swapped the story and art attributions on the label here. Normally I wouldn't bother, but there's already going to be two other books heading back to Florida because of a label swap, sooo... yeah.

Anyway, Contra: The Comic. It exists.

image.thumb.jpeg.5693143bd29614381c1b54b111a3e96c.jpeg

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT FOR OVER 2 YEARS!!! IM SO JELLY!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Here we go yall....... This one is a little emotional for me. When I 1st started getting into comics and grading about 3-4years ago, I trusted a dealer to send my books to cbcs, I never got most of them back and the guy ghosted everyone, the only book I regretted sending him was this one. I have been looking for a replacement for almost 3 years... And now the only 9.8 on census finally joins my collection where it belongs.... Im beyond happy. Also side note: almost all IDQ RI video game comic variants are AWFUL to find lol

image.png.411a1cee3f74eb15240ca4b3d1471029.png

On 7/8/2024 at 11:31 PM, Tnexus said:

You have this one? First app of some of the primary MTG Planeswalkers from the Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers series.

20220623_153050.jpg

ooo neat! nope not yet, i will add it to the list

On 7/8/2024 at 5:48 PM, FloridianDemon said:

Yeah i replayed that game often its really good, it follow the comics very well. Yeah I love the bone, The prints confuse me tho, its labels 9th on the slab

My bad. The 7th print is dark green and the 9th print is teal. Depending on the lighting, it can be hard to tell which is which.

I guess I’ll have to give the game a try one of these days :wink:

On 7/9/2024 at 1:19 AM, DocGo said:

My bad. The 7th print is dark green and the 9th print is teal. Depending on the lighting, it can be hard to tell which is which.

I guess I’ll have to give the game a try one of these days :wink:

Ah that makes sense! Yeah i went with the 9th print since it was pretty hard to get and the price was just insane, it was like 30% of fmv. and you should! Its really fun with some decent puzzles. Sadly the whole story was never completed

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 5:48 PM, FloridianDemon said:

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT FOR OVER 2 YEARS!!! IM SO JELLY!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Although there's good reason to believe it was originally planned for a US promotional release, most (and possibly all) copies ended up distributed in Japan. I actually picked this up from a Japanese seller, which means that although the book itself wasn't particularly expensive... let's just say that the cost of CGC slabbing wasn't even close to the amount I was into this book for because of cross-Pacific shipping.

Needless to say, really happy this got the 9.8. I'm just gonna suck it up with the creator credits labeling error and not gamble this one on another round of there-and-back-again.

Edited by Qalyar

On 7/9/2024 at 11:01 AM, Qalyar said:

Although there's good reason to believe it was originally planned for a US promotional release, most (and possibly all) copies ended up distributed in Japan. I actually picked this up from a Japanese seller, which means that although the book itself wasn't particularly expensive... let's just say that the cost of CGC slabbing wasn't even close to the amount I was into this book for because of cross-Pacific shipping.

Needless to say, really happy this got the 9.8. I'm just gonna suck it up with the creator credits labeling error and not gamble this one on another round of there-and-back-again.

Yep I always searching eBay for the Japanese version of that ps2 game(contra shattered solider), every time I see it the condition looks iffy so i haven't gotten my hands on a 9.8 candidate yet. I know I will at some point