• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attempting to collect the worlds best collection of video game comic 1st apps in 9.8 only!
2 2

181 posts in this topic

Big announcement yall, I got slab #50 coming in this week.... and with that... I have decided to take some of the earlier advice I was given on this forum... Its time... to pool in cash for the big boys!!!! I want to get to 100 slabs and have all the heavy hitters like Blip #1, Nintendo comic systems preview, Sonic mini comic, Maximum carnage all completed. So you might see some gaps as the grails pop up!

On 12/1/2023 at 3:05 PM, FloridianDemon said:

Big announcement yall, I got slab #50 coming in this week.... and with that... I have decided to take some of the earlier advice I was given on this forum... Its time... to pool in cash for the big boys!!!! I want to get to 100 slabs and have all the heavy hitters like Blip #1, Nintendo comic systems preview, Sonic mini comic, Maximum carnage all completed. So you might see some gaps as the grails pop up!

Good luck! 

On 12/17/2023 at 11:06 AM, ygogolak said:

Odd to do a 2-day grade when turnaround for resale is not important.

Well I thought I was forced to anyway? The FMV in 9.8 is wayyyyyy over 1k. 9.4 sold for 3k this year. I figured they wouldnt let me just do the standard tier for it right?

On 12/17/2023 at 8:14 AM, FloridianDemon said:

Well I thought I was forced to anyway? The FMV in 9.8 is wayyyyyy over 1k. 9.4 sold for 3k this year. I figured they wouldnt let me just do the standard tier for it right?

Only if CGC looks up the comic. That's certainly obscure enough they may not know the current FMV.

On 12/18/2023 at 3:16 AM, Tnexus said:

Only if CGC looks up the comic. That's certainly obscure enough they may not know the current FMV.

Agreed. The true risk is when, uhm I mean if they damage or lose it then claim amount will only equal the service level of submission. 5-10 years back highly uncommon, but nowadays it's close to a coin-flip

On 12/18/2023 at 9:31 AM, MAR1979 said:

Agreed. The true risk is when, uhm I mean if they damage or lose it then claim amount will only equal the service level of submission. 5-10 years back highly uncommon, but nowadays it's close to a coin-flip

Ah thats what i was going to ask. I paid 1500 for it. I would hate to say its worth 400, they damage it and then I get 400 bucks back lol

On 12/20/2023 at 2:19 PM, pmpknface said:

Just curious...   I just discovered this book after collecting Spidey for over 40 years and was wondering if it was on your list.  It's an old one, but I think it still counts - if you can find it in 9.8 that is:

s-l1600.jpg

Ah! This one.... Yep! I know about it and it is on the list! should be a fun/tough one to find

On 12/26/2023 at 3:06 AM, FloridianDemon said:

It came with the Gameboy Advance game! pretty hard to find since you need to find the game complete in box and most threw those away

Thanks, I thought I had all of MVC's comics, but now I know I'm missing this. Well, I've got no choice but to track it down.