• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC 2023 - October 12th - 15th - Javits Center - New York, NY.
3 3

148 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2023 at 5:54 PM, dbcn said:

Question on in person signings: I'm planning on attending NYCC and have a few books I'd like to get signed by attending artists: Fiumara, Artgerm, Sienkiewicz, etc.

When I go to the CGC table to get a witness, can that person come to witness all of the signings of the different artists at once, or do I have to do it one at a time, ie, go with the witness to the Artgerm table, then return to the CGC table for paperwork or whatever, then go back to the Sienkiewicz table with the next books, etc. ? 

thx - this will be the 2nd con for me & my funko obsessed kiddo 👍

Depends on when they’re signing (check social media for signing times), length of creator line (the witness will let you know if they can go to next artist/writer or if they need to go back to cgc booth), and where the creator is, artist alley or main floor (witnesses are usually assigned to one area)

best advice I can give is do the ground work above (figure out where and when each person is signing before grabbing a witness) and you’ll have a very pleasant and efficient experience. Hope you have a great show !

Thx @devald - I haven't done any in person signings before, so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible (thumbsu

Fyi, I downloaded the NYCC mobile app - most of the artists have a booth number already - and there are a bunch of additional artists listed that are not shown on the NYCC Guests page:

John Giang (J-26)
Tyler Kirkham (A-43)
Patrick Gleason (D-06)
Mike Mayhew (B-16)
Zu Orzu (I-21)
Pablo Villalobos (J-07)

There are probably more, but those are the ones that caught my eye...

Follow up question on getting a witness for the signings - do the witnesses charge..? I know when I use a facilitator there are sometimes additional witnessing fees, but maybe that's just with witnesses not directly working for the CGC..?

I also got a email to sign up for a 'signature reservation' today - it opened at 10am, I forgot about it & checked it this afternoon, and all of the reservations for Peach Momoko are now filled up - looks like she's signing from 10am-2pm which seems... a lot.

Does that mean she won't be signing books if you don't have a reservation for a time slot?

She was also the only one with reservations even available, so maybe other artists are just walk up?

On 9/20/2023 at 5:28 PM, dbcn said:

Follow up question on getting a witness for the signings - do the witnesses charge..? I know when I use a facilitator there are sometimes additional witnessing fees, but maybe that's just with witnesses not directly working for the CGC..?

I also got a email to sign up for a 'signature reservation' today - it opened at 10am, I forgot about it & checked it this afternoon, and all of the reservations for Peach Momoko are now filled up - looks like she's signing from 10am-2pm which seems... a lot.

Does that mean she won't be signing books if you don't have a reservation for a time slot?

She was also the only one with reservations even available, so maybe other artists are just walk up?

Majority of other artists are walk up.  Some artists charge different fees for CGC Witnessed signings such as Skottie Young.  

Hope it's OK to post this here... The missus can't attend with me this year. So I have an extra Thursday ticket. Anyone want to buy it at a discount for $40? PM me for details. You'll need a ShowClix login to transfer it to.

On 10/7/2023 at 12:20 PM, BCarter27 said:

Hope it's OK to post this here... The missus can't attend with me this year. So I have an extra Thursday ticket. Anyone want to buy it at a discount for $40? PM me for details. You'll need a ShowClix login to transfer it to.

@PeteFromPetesBasement - Does "P.H." still need a pass? 

On 9/10/2023 at 9:01 AM, Buzzetta said:

I stand by everything I have said and report what I have seen.  If people are scared by that, then (shrug).  I am not scared by it as I still continue to commute through and work within the city but I am definitely aware of it so I am alert and maintain my own personal safety.   However, the people who are coming in from out of town should be aware of it all (especially the insane scooter issue that is presently going on.)

EDIT: I disagree... 

Uber > Taxi > Subway > Bus... 

You could not pay me enough to get on a city bus.  I would rather walk fifty blocks. 

Or just use common sense, which applies to anywhere, everywhere. But The Scared of Your Own Shadow Crowd appreciates these PSAs 🙂

I take the subway all the time when I'm in Tokyo (bigger city than New York so please save the "all big cities have problems" nonsense), beautiful, clean, on time, ordered and crime free-- when I'm in New York I take Uber or I walk.  Even when I lived there I used a car service all the time.   Subway is not worth it-- and I'm not a scared of my own shadow kind of guy- I'm a my time is worth more than being in that environment and I can save money other ways.

Edited by AndyFish

On 10/9/2023 at 7:47 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

Or just use common sense, which applies to anywhere, everywhere. But The Scared of Your Own Shadow Crowd appreciates these PSAs 🙂

Riiiiiight… 

I pulled into Penn a little while ago and am writing this from the subway.  I already stepped over one body sprawled out across the steps.  Already saw someone shoved for not moving quick enough once they stepped off the train.  Let’s see what the afternoon brings.  

Now granted it’s always been when you travel.  But a lot of this continues to bleed its way into the mid afternoon.

BTW Believe me, I’m not a scared of your own shadow guy.  But, cool that you don’t travel around these parts in the morning or evening or you have blinders on. 

On 10/9/2023 at 3:34 PM, alexgreece said:

Reece's Rare Comics will be set up at Booth #3627, stop by and say hi! Looking forward to a great show.

On 10/10/2023 at 5:58 AM, AustinReece_GRRC said:

Just a few days away! See you all this week. 

0108625A-4FCB-49B0-AEEA-0D8257E926C1.jpeg

Always one of my first stops.  Glad you guys will be attending. 

On 10/10/2023 at 6:26 AM, Buzzetta said:

Riiiiiight… I pulled into Penn a little while ago and am writing this from the subway.  I already stepped over one body sprawled out across the steps.  Already saw someone shoved for not moving quick enough once they stepped off the train.  Let’s see what the afternoon brings.  
Now granted it’s always been when you travel.  But a lot of this continues to bleed its way into the mid afternoon.

BTW Believe me, I’m not a scared of your own shadow guy.  But, cool that you don’t travel around these parts in the morning or evening or you have blinders on. 

I was in your big bad dangerous city this weekend.  Came by train, so in fact we were at Penn Station.  And you'll be happy to know we made it out alive, and shockingly to you, we were not harassed, threatened, or even looked at the wrong way.  And we didn't have to step over any bodies like you have to everyday.  I was with my kid and wife, and all of us were dragging rolling suitcases, so we absolutely had a badge on us that we were tourists, arriving and leaving the station and then walking the 10 blocks to and from our hotel.   I think you have a good thing going with the Charles Bronson Death Wish take on things though.

So thoughts and prayers my man, I hope you make it to the Con ALIVE!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

On 10/10/2023 at 10:22 AM, bluehorseshoe said:

I was in your big bad dangerous city this weekend.  Came by train, so in fact we were at Penn Station.  And you'll be happy to know we made it out alive, and shockingly to you, we were not harassed, threatened, or even looked at the wrong way.  And we didn't have to step over any bodies like you have to everyday.  I was with my kid and wife, and all of us were dragging rolling suitcases, so we absolutely had a badge on us that we were tourists, arriving and leaving the station and then walking the 10 blocks to and from our hotel.   I think you have a good thing going with the Charles Bronson Death Wish take on things though.

So thoughts and prayers my man, I hope you make it to the Con ALIVE!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

By a certain time of day, they have cleaned up the homeless and kicked them out of the station.  They then return around the evening.   Friend had a detail at Penn and he and the Amtrak police jokingly refer to it as "ping pong." They kick them upstairs to Amtrak level and then Amtrak kicks them back down to the Penn level. 

Like I said, morning and evening, but you have blinders on, need glasses or might be just plain oblivious.   

Hugs and kisses and have a blessed weekend.