• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Penthouse Rejected
1 1

18 posts in this topic

I have a vintage Penthouse that I submitted to be graded. Ultimately, it was rejected due to the magazine being "explicit"; which is lame since most of the old magazines were much more tame than the new Playboys.

Anyone know who else grades and slabs Penthouse magazines or other explicit magazines?

Look on eBay 

On 9/19/2023 at 8:17 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Dear CGC,

There I was, waiting for the mailman to bring me my special delivery - I couldn’t wait any longer. My hands, throbbing with excitement at the chance to slide open the box and reveal the tantalizing slab inside.

Finally, he came. It was glorious. Magnificent. My hands working the shaft of the pen as I signed for delivery confirmation, i caressed the package as he released it to me.

My fingers, gliding over the brown box, feeling the excitement build - I gently slid my digits under the glistening tape, unsealing the flaps. I surrendered my restraint, giving way to passionate abandon - I tore away the bubble wrap, flinging it to the left and right - not caring where it landed. I needed to feel it in my hands, and there is was in all it’s plastic glory. I slid it out of it’s cheap plastic sleeve to admire the shiny new plastic case, Newton Rings and all.

The sweet release of excitement came and went, I was spent. All that was left was the promise that I would never sell it, no matter how high it went on GPA. 

I never thought anything like that could happen to you.

On 9/19/2023 at 10:17 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Dear CGC,

There I was, waiting for the mailman to bring me my special delivery - I couldn’t wait any longer. My hands, throbbing with excitement at the chance to slide open the box and reveal the tantalizing slab inside.

Finally, he came. It was glorious. Magnificent. My hands working the shaft of the pen as I signed for delivery confirmation, i caressed the package as he released it to me.

My fingers, gliding over the brown box, feeling the excitement build - I gently slid my digits under the glistening tape, unsealing the flaps. I surrendered my restraint, giving way to passionate abandon - I tore away the bubble wrap, flinging it to the left and right - not caring where it landed. I needed to feel it in my hands, and there is was in all it’s plastic glory. I slid it out of it’s cheap plastic sleeve to admire the shiny new plastic case, Newton Rings and all.

The sweet release of excitement came and went, I was spent. All that was left was the promise that I would never sell it, no matter how high it went on GPA. 

I think you may have just invented a new category of kink.

On 9/19/2023 at 1:16 PM, EZRPAZ said:

I have a vintage Penthouse that I submitted to be graded. Ultimately, it was rejected due to the magazine being "explicit"; which is lame since most of the old magazines were much more tame than the new Playboys.

Anyone know who else grades and slabs Penthouse magazines or other explicit magazines?

Send them to me. I'll grade them for you. :whistle:

On 9/19/2023 at 11:17 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Dear CGC,

I think I need a Kleenex 

image.png.14cbd8f8dfb755ffb4708c3011489c7b.png

Edited by B2D327

It is obviously not the same person who passes all of the cosplay/parody nude variants from new "publishers"

Spoiler

image.jpeg.c8689a019583ab9cbaaeb586ce17767e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f191c7509f898b705459ef720affcdc0.jpegimage.png.4abf2255091e6f0bb6f4cccb9f26cd74.png

At least Zenescope would write a story for their books.

Edited by DougC

I submitted a couple of the old Arrow publication The Dead (gore edition). They were rejected. When I asked them why, I was told they were too explicit. When I told them that there were some in the Census, so apparently they DO grade them, I was told "um". I resubmitted them ... they were rejected again.