• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Nov 16-19 Signature Auction
5 5

472 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2023 at 4:49 AM, Overthetopinc said:

Since the scan is not up here’s the image of the magazine for those interested-

image.thumb.jpeg.ce582c523b49e7845e02e074190fad88.jpeg

pretty cool!

Talk about wall power!! The Michaels framing rep must have be thrilled at this one. Look at that ratio of art size to framed size :)

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/miscellaneous/frank-frazetta-man-the-endangered-species-preliminary-illustration-c-1984-/p/7342-88002.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Seems there is a constant choice of Frazettas at auction at multiple price points. And I swear we are seeing some repeats, hard to keep track.

More prime BWS conan covers as well. 

Kirby faces! https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/splash-pages/jack-kirby-and-mike-royer-satan-s-six-1-splash-page-18-original-art-topps-1993-/p/7342-154006.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Curious how the content affects this From Hell page (yikes, been wanting one for awhile but not this): https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/story-page/eddie-campbell-and-peter-mullins-from-hell-6-chapter-9-story-page-38-original-art-mad-love/p/7342-23001.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Looking like a lot of variety in this auction.

Edited by cstojano

I find it an awkward piece but it’s still Batman and Robin and Miller from the right time frame.   It’s better than my Miller Dark Knight cover!

On 10/1/2023 at 7:05 PM, cstojano said:

I remember that scene. The guy had just delivered a pizza and the ladies didn't have the cash to pay for it. I think that's what's going on. 

On 10/2/2023 at 9:26 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Really?  What's awkward about it?

Nothing super specific which I guess is why I chose a fluffy word like awkward.    I think its a bit substandard in terms of what you look for in his inking from the time.   Again, better than any Miller Dark Knight I own, but it just falls a little flat for me compared to other Dark Knight pieces from the time.    Feels like a promo cover he knocked out quick rather than something he labored over.

On 10/2/2023 at 9:26 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Really?  What's awkward about it?

It looks like they were on a trampoline and were steadying themselves after coming down from a high jump. That’s different than looking like they are leaping into action.

On 10/2/2023 at 10:20 AM, tth2 said:

image area of 3.5" x 4.5", framed to an overall size of 22.25" x 21.5" lol

I guess that’s framing to fit the price tag rather than framing to fit the art itself.   

On 10/3/2023 at 5:15 AM, Bronty said:

I guess that’s framing to fit the price tag rather than framing to fit the art itself.   

True, it could still break 5 figures.

I swallowed my tongue when the baseball card sized Darkwolf Fire and Ice prelim (Jaguar God 2) got 10k, and that was 2016. 

On 10/3/2023 at 5:10 AM, Rick2you2 said:

It looks like they were on a trampoline and were steadying themselves after coming down from a high jump. That’s different than looking like they are leaping into action.

I think the biggest issue with it is Miller drew it :sick:

But I am sure it will go for crazy money.