• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it worth sending a single page from detective comics27 with a recreated cover?
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Worth to who? If you mean to sell, I’d throw away the dumb cover bc a serious collector probably just wants the page, not the fake cover. You won’t get a grade, you’ll get a PG note and all submitting does is verify it’s a legit page to buyers. Which probably would help you get maximum $$$ for it so it’d be worth it. 

On 9/28/2023 at 10:33 AM, Cman429 said:

throw away the dumb cover bc a serious collector probably just wants the page, not the fake cover.

Maybe mistaken, but "recreation" cover implies to me that it is original artwork.  You are probably correct though, a facsimile cover would likely only be worth the printing cost.

@mateus menor single pages from Detective 27 ARE being graded and do sell quite well.  You would NOT want to have those items graded together in one slab (and I'm not sure CGC would even encapsulate them together).

On 9/28/2023 at 2:39 PM, mateus menor said:
I don't want to sell it, I want to keep it with my holy degree, but I don't like a single page and I would like to have a cover even if it is a copy

You want to keep it, not sell it, but you don't like it???

And what is a holy degree, are you a priest or minister?

On 28/09/2023 at 18:56, Lightning55 said:

Você quer ficar com ele, não vender, mas não gosta???

E o que é um grau sagrado, você é sacerdote ou ministro?

What disappoints me is that the minimum wage in Brazil is 1400, which is equivalent to 278 dollars a month, you Americans earn four times more than Brazilians, I wish I could buy a lot of editions but I still have to pay the absurdly expensive shipping to get it to Brazil, and on top of that I have to pay a fee to get here, you live in heaven and you don't know

On 9/28/2023 at 6:24 PM, Lightning55 said:

It's totally up to you to do what you like. But in my opinion it would be a shame to hide this important, historic page with a cover you can produce on a color printer, valueless. 

It's like putting a blanket over the Mona Lisa.

This is how I feel. 

The book is yours. If you want to put a cover on it,  then you should. 

However the historic piece is the page itself. Most collectors would want to look at the page over a reprint cover.  

Good luck and congrats on getting such an important piece of comic book history. 

Any cover recreation that is not witnessed by CGC will get a green label, this will devalue to page by proxy (and you will only be able see one side of the page).

If I had a Tec #27 page but really wanted a cover I would as follows:

• Slab the single page then commission a local artist (Brazil has amazing and cheap artists) to recreate the cover then slide the new cover in between the slab and the mylar for display.