• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which CGC Sleeves to Buy?
3 3

33 posts in this topic

Hello,

What are the best CGC sleeves to buy? Is there a big difference between a Hot Flips sleeve or a BCW sleeve? Any other suggestion.

Thank you for your help on this.

Edited by ELAVAL

I have used BCW sleeves, but I prefer E.Gerber Mylites 2 914M2 - they are really nice and super shiny, all my slabs are in those now. I prefer Mylars over the poly ones.

I'm with the mylyite 2s I think they're called for slabs, but what ever you get? I'd get something nice and worth the price, but I only put it on new stuff that comes without them: both raws and slabs.

I respect the places that furnished the good stuff, or even cgc with the poly ones, I don't replace those in order to not need to buy them all the time. You'll find enough buys come without them, slabs included , whether dollar bins for raws or some slabs from LCS's.

Idk hope that helped

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I use a Canadian company bags they say it’s Mylar and archival safe called “Comic Pro line”but I only use these on slabs cause the book isn’t touching it.

I still is E gerber for raw books 

I use mylars for slabs I'm keeping.  Like the ones the competition uses when they send out books, or ones I have to buy for CGC books.

Anything for sale just stay in the wrinkled, cloudy mess the CGC books come in.

On 10/12/2023 at 8:24 AM, lostboys said:

The cheapest ones?

Seriously, guys...whats next?

A case to protect the sleeve that protects the case that protects the inner well that protects the book?

The CGC bags are cloudy. Some people like a nice presentation for slabs.
In terms of next, it's been around, another 3rd party grade of how the book looks in the graded slab.

On 10/11/2023 at 9:14 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I have used BCW sleeves, but I prefer E.Gerber Mylites 2 914M2 - they are really nice and super shiny, all my slabs are in those now. I prefer Mylars over the poly ones.

BCW makes mylars as well.

On 10/11/2023 at 9:28 PM, Krismusic said:

I use a Canadian company bags they say it’s Mylar and archival safe called “Comic Pro line”but I only use these on slabs cause the book isn’t touching it.

I still is E gerber for raw books 

I use their bags which aren't mylar.  I think mylar scuffs too easily and splits easily as well.  

For me having a snug fit is very important.  I had always bought Hot Flips resealable bags because they fit the books nicely, but more recently they changed to a slightly larger format and the books swim a bit in the looser bags.

Has anyone tried these bags from Superior Fit?  I was thinking of trying them out.

https://www.superiorfitsleeves.com/Superior-Fit-Sleeves-for-CGC-Comic-Book-Slabs-p/cgc-cb-001.htm

https://www.clearbags.com/8-15-16-x-14-1-4-flap-crystal-clear-227x362.html

100 for $19.55

"Legal-size paper fits perfectly in our B814 Crystal Clear Flap Seal Bag. B814 is sized for legal documents and provides an archival safe environment for long-lasting storage. B814 measures 8 15/16" x 14 1/4" and fits 8 1/2" x 14" legal size paper, ideal for holding legal documents, notepads, photos, and other paper products. The material is 1.6 mil thick and is made from high-quality BOPP for exceptional clarity. This acid-free sleeve is resealable for convenient access to contents. An adhesive seal is located on the bag flap to secure the bag closed. Fold the flap over as needed for a snug fit."

On 10/12/2023 at 5:45 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

For me having a snug fit is very important.  I had always bought Hot Flips resealable bags because they fit the books nicely, but more recently they changed to a slightly larger format and the books swim a bit in the looser bags.

Has anyone tried these bags from Superior Fit?  I was thinking of trying them out.

https://www.superiorfitsleeves.com/Superior-Fit-Sleeves-for-CGC-Comic-Book-Slabs-p/cgc-cb-001.htm

Nice, didn't realize they made them for comics.

Their ones for sportscards are really nice. Very tight fit.

Thanks guys for the suggestion! I just placed an order for the Mylites 2 on AMZN!

They will go perfect for my "safe queens" that I am not selling, ever...

Took me a minute to find them, so here is the exact title on AMZN if anyone else wants them...:smile:

E.Gerber Mylites 2 Mylar Sleeves 914M2 for CGC Graded Comics CGC/CBCS Comic Slabs 9 x 14-1/4 - Pack of 50

On 10/13/2023 at 5:34 PM, circuitryusa said:

Thanks guys for the suggestion! I just placed an order for the Mylites 2 on AMZN!

They will go perfect for my "safe queens" that I am not selling, ever...

Took me a minute to find them, so here is the exact title on AMZN if anyone else wants them...:smile:

E.Gerber Mylites 2 Mylar Sleeves 914M2 for CGC Graded Comics CGC/CBCS Comic Slabs 9 x 14-1/4 - Pack of 50

If you're buying $100+ of E. Gerber stuff, you may want to buy from their site instead of Amazon because it may be a lot cheaper.  Or that's the way it used to be, anyway.  It's been a couple of years since I loaded up on supplies from them, so maybe that's changed.  Their minimum order was around $100 the last time I looked.  The only downside is that you'll have to call them to place the order.

On 10/15/2023 at 9:04 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Just Food Saver seal your books, pulls all the air out and keeps them from being exposed to the elements.

image.thumb.png.254d1afc5efb0474adcac613c15c4b8b.png 

No no no you don't want air tight, even slabs aren't air tight, but I had a feeling you were being playful, still nanananaNONo

big-bang-theory-sarcasm-sign.gif