• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Fall Edition #8 Round 1
14 14

125 posts in this topic

Well that was as bad as I had quested.  I think I got 12 points with me grading under on most books. I don’t see many older books so I was guessing on a bunch.

I swear I saw a big water stain mark on the corner of the back cover of the war book.

• Administrator

The second time I flagged people today, it somehow ended up in the MIA thread.  I hit edit on the first post I did this morning, and removed the ones that submitted.  I am not sure how I ended up in that thread.  I guess people thought I did that intentionally, as their were MIA grades.  I removed the post and quotes.  :fear:

Sigh, back in the groove for me, with a score of 6.

+2 on the Supersnipe (I should get my GA 6.5s regraded because they are clearly 13.7s these days) and +1 on the rest. I over graded the war book by 1 increment and under on the other four.

On 10/23/2023 at 5:10 PM, universal soldier said:

5 pts. with a bull, I'll take it. Should have listened to my gut on the Super Mystery and the War Action and it would have been a great round.

Supersnipe #9 - 5.5 +2

Super Mystery V5 #3 - 4.0 +1

Horrific #7 - 3.0 +1

Perfect Crime #28 - 3.5 :ohnoez:

War Action #2 8.0 +1

You and I have almost the exact same grades...and 5PT score.  I was 5.5/4.0/3.0/3.5 bullseye/7.0 (:

On 10/23/2023 at 9:11 PM, 1Cool said:

Well that was as bad as I had quested.  I think I got 12 points with me grading under on most books. I don’t see many older books so I was guessing on a bunch.

I swear I saw a big water stain mark on the corner of the back cover of the war book.

Me too bottom right if I recall 

Hi @CGC Mike. I replied to your personal message on Friday night with my grade submissions. Did that not come through? I'm posting here because I can't find the round 1 private thread, and also perhaps someone else here had this same problem where their submission disappeared?

I am currently in a different time zone overseas and waken up this morning to check the round 1 results, only to find that my entry was marked as missing. On my end, my reply showed as posted immediately after I clicked the button. But maybe my Internet connection was no longer active?... Darn it...

Edited by ekaylor
Typos

• Administrator
On 10/24/2023 at 3:10 AM, ekaylor said:

Hi @CGC Mike. I replied to your personal message on Friday night with my grade submissions. Did that not come through? I'm posting here because I can't find the round 1 private thread, and also perhaps someone else here had this same problem where their submission disappeared?

I am currently in a different time zone overseas and waken up this morning to check the round 1 results, only to find that my entry was marked as missing. On my end, my reply showed as posted immediately after I clicked the button. But maybe my Internet connection was no longer active?... Darn it...

I am so sorry this has happened to you.  I checked the spreadsheet, and your grades were not recorded.  I checked my deleted items in my e-mail inbox, and I did not receive an e-mail showing that your grades were submitted to me.  I will look in my inbox for our PM thread.

• Administrator

I found the PM thread I sent out.  There were no grades, and I see you last visited it 5 hours ago, so I guess you found it too.  Again, I am sorry this happened.  

On 10/23/2023 at 8:06 PM, jcjames said:

6pts, no bulls, off by one grade on all but one book (Perfect Crime), no complaints. 

Supersnipe #9   6.0 +1

Super Mystery V5 #3   4.0 +1

Horrific #7   3.0 +1

Perfect Crime #28   2.5 +2

War Action #2   8.0 +1

Maybe1.gif.a0bc7f99e6c12b3fce5cec5e1dd0a907.gif

I had the EXACT same grades except I went 2.0 on the Horrific. I don't feel too bad about this round, honestly.

On 10/24/2023 at 1:52 PM, CGC Mike said:

I found the PM thread I sent out.  There were no grades, and I see you last visited it 5 hours ago, so I guess you found it too.  Again, I am sorry this happened.  

No worries Mike. Thanks for checking! I don’t know what went wrong, so strange. Next contest I’ll make sure my reply posts successfully.