• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2023 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up
8 8

375 posts in this topic

I'm sure everyone here has provided extremely detailed and specific ideas for the kind of gifts they would like to receive.   

Because you wouldn't want to leave your poor Secret Santa in the lurch with no idea at all what to get for you that you would like, or might already have?

Right?

Right?  

On 11/13/2023 at 9:39 PM, Axelrod said:

I'm sure everyone here has provided extremely detailed and specific ideas for the kind of gifts they would like to receive.   

Because you wouldn't want to leave your poor Secret Santa in the lurch with no idea at all what to get for you that you would like, or might already have?

Right?

Right?  

Maybe your right, I left mine a little open to give some wiggle room. So I'll try to clear things up.

image.thumb.png.5e7b380e6fb0af99bbe59e2464ea9031.png

:sumo:

On 11/14/2023 at 6:59 AM, badback83 said:

Thank you my friend.  I mainly hang around in Gold these days.  I usually post my new pickups there.  Here’s my #1 that I picked up recently: 

image.thumb.jpeg.9cd9579f6ede3e3dc9e6c68f076f24dc.jpeg

Kudos 🎉👏

That's the stuff!  :banana:

On 11/14/2023 at 7:59 AM, badback83 said:

Thank you my friend.  I mainly hang around in Gold these days.  I usually post my new pickups there.  Here’s my #1 that I picked up recently: 

image.thumb.jpeg.9cd9579f6ede3e3dc9e6c68f076f24dc.jpeg

Dang!

@badback83 Can you be my secret santa and send that to me? You don't even have to giftwrap it! lol

On 11/13/2023 at 10:39 PM, Axelrod said:

Right?

Right?  

image.png.a358b14d401878c24ca8c0eebaaae9af.png

On 11/14/2023 at 3:56 PM, HollyJollyOne said:
On 11/13/2023 at 9:39 PM, Axelrod said:

Right?

Right?  

Lol is right, I was tempted to respond but thought naw haha

I was specific, but then felt dirty or guilty after lol tried to list all ranges, idk. :ohnoez:

donatello-look-its-raph.gif

We get to start the rush to go,go,go and buy buy,buy this weekend!

50e4b567de8229b76df5c9ea89d8281dadacd240_00.gif

We get to shop and perhaps learn other interests

giphy-1.gif

Gifs are for those who haven't watched tmnt in a while, reference 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/14/2023 at 6:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

We get to start the rush to go,go,go and buy buy,buy this weekend!

50e4b567de8229b76df5c9ea89d8281dadacd240_00.gif

We get to shop and perhaps learn other interests

giphy-1.gif

Gifs are for those who haven't watched tmnt in a while, reference 

tmnt-leonardo.gif.2dd51642f03d94303a8598c0b849f343.gif

On 11/15/2023 at 1:09 AM, fmaz said:

In all seriousness… I hope people who, looking a past years’ threads of people posting what they received are not intimidated to the point where they wont participate. I wouldn’t presume to speak for everyone or even the majority, but I’d wager a good number of us do this year in and year out because we have fun shopping for fellow boardies. Everyone knows that people have different means, so I am always incredibly appreciative of whatever I receive, as I know someone took the time to pick it out for me . Yes I gave a generic list, but I also specifically said I’ve enjoyed every SS gift I’ve gotten and I’m sure this year will be no exception!

I guess to that last point - if you are participating, part of the social contract you’re making is showing your appreciation to your SS. Post photos when you open to share with the group, a private note saying how much you liked it. Not very difficult but it makes a world of difference!

Frank

PS if you’re really stressed out what to get someone… go to their profile, see if there’s info there and/or check out the threads they’re posted in… books they’ve bought, etc. I believe the term is “casual stalking” 🤔😁

I know.  

It's just, I really would like to get my target something they actually want.  And sometimes with these kinds of exchanges it can feel a bit like throwing darts at a board.  I've heard (and this hasn't happened to me yet :wishluck:) about people who's "want" list consists entirely of something like: "Surprise Me." :pullhair:

On 11/15/2023 at 1:09 AM, fmaz said:

In all seriousness… I hope people who, looking a past years’ threads of people posting what they received are not intimidated to the point where they wont participate. I wouldn’t presume to speak for everyone or even the majority, but I’d wager a good number of us do this year in and year out because we have fun shopping for fellow boardies. Everyone knows that people have different means, so I am always incredibly appreciative of whatever I receive, as I know someone took the time to pick it out for me . Yes I gave a generic list, but I also specifically said I’ve enjoyed every SS gift I’ve gotten and I’m sure this year will be no exception!

I guess to that last point - if you are participating, part of the social contract you’re making is showing your appreciation to your SS. Post photos when you open to share with the group, a private note saying how much you liked it. Not very difficult but it makes a world of difference!

Frank

PS if you’re really stressed out what to get someone… go to their profile, see if there’s info there and/or check out the threads they’re posted in… books they’ve bought, etc. I believe the term is “casual stalking” 🤔😁

I’d agree with this.  I’d also add that sharing pics when the box arrives helps build excitement and enjoyment for the community.  

Santas: I’d highly encourage wrapping the the gifts to enhance the festivities.  In some cases, wrapping is not practical.  Writing “Do Not Open until ___” helps.  And make sure you include a way to reveal your identity.  This can be on the tag on the gift or a surprise when the gift is opened, dealer’s choice.  You may think this goes without saying, but each year we see people forget this step, leaving the recipient wondering who their generous Santa was.

Recipients: Unless marked specifically to leave the shipping box sealed, open the shipping box.  Either way, share pictures of whatever arrived.  This is a courtesy to let your Santa know that the box arrived safely and wasn’t stolen by a porch pirate or delivered to the wrong address…both things that can’t be determined by a tracking number showing “delivered”.  Give your Santa Peace of mind this year.   Plus, it’s fun seeing all the pictures.  It builds anticipation for everyone.

Really looking forward to this!

On 10/30/2023 at 3:36 PM, HollyJollyOne said:

When is sign up over? Friday, November 17th at 10pm (ET)
PMs with your Secret Santa information will be sent out the very next day. Everyone who signs up will have their PM by Saturday night (11/18).
This gives everyone 1 full month plus to shop, wrap, and ship. It seems like a long time, but it goes quickly and shipping, obviously, takes longer over the Holiday season... so please, if you sign-up,
DO NOT DELAY!!!

On 11/15/2023 at 4:57 PM, HighRadArt said:

So when do we find out who we're sending coal to this year? :baiting: