• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2023 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up
8 8

375 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2023 at 4:56 PM, HollyJollyOne said:

Just in case anyone is wondering where your packages are...

delivery-kick.gif

My wife and I used to deliver newspapers as a side hustle. She threw one onto a roof, and just shot me a look that said, "Well? It's not getting on the porch by itself, buster."

I give a general (maybe wide) parameter, like ages and what I tend to collect. I try not to give my gifter a sense of panic or pigeon hole them if we are not in the same wheel house. Although I feel the pain of getting description of I'm fine with anything.

On 11/24/2023 at 11:40 PM, grendelbo said:

2 items acquired today; another ordered. The ball is rolling. I'll probably dig into my collection next for a couple of things.

I'm hoping to get the package together and shipped by the end of the first week of December.

:wishluck: :headbang:

A package arrived today for my giftee but I'm outta town. I'll be home this weekend so I'll be able to put all the presents together and shipped them off probably Monday. It's been fun doing this and I know it'll be even more so once we get closer to Christmas.

This has been the first time I've participated in the exchange. I may sign up for the raffle next.

On 12/1/2023 at 12:07 AM, unclezebo said:

I give a general (maybe wide) parameter, like ages and what I tend to collect. I try not to give my gifter a sense of panic or pigeon hole them if we are not in the same wheel house. Although I feel the pain of getting description of I'm fine with anything.

I tried to be specific but leave it open to interpretation, so while mentioning specific issues I threw in some genres that I really haven't scratched the surface of, ie artists and etc.

Sounds simple, but sometimes it builds the anticipation and a bit of see saw battling! :goodvsevil:until opening!

A kid feeling!

Either way, it is always a surprise when Christmas approaches, but in a good way!

On 12/1/2023 at 3:59 PM, grendelbo said:

A package arrived today for my giftee but I'm outta town. I'll be home this weekend so I'll be able to put all the presents together and shipped them off probably Monday. It's been fun doing this and I know it'll be even more so once we get closer to Christmas.

This has been the first time I've participated in the exchange. I may sign up for the raffle next.

Glad to see you take an opportunity! The raffle is an event to itself, that makes waking up to pick your prize live in a thread a bit like another day of Christmas!

I'd say like a " LCS's sale you just have to attend", but with no black Friday feeling. :baiting:

lol. :roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/1/2023 at 1:07 AM, unclezebo said:

That's what I got.  It's a challenge to be sure. 

On 12/1/2023 at 4:59 PM, grendelbo said:

It is hard to believe it's "only" been two weeks since we got assigned...

It also kind of feels like, "it's already been two weeks". :ohnoez:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM