• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,376 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2024 at 2:58 PM, habsfan1 said:

So sorry this happened to you.  I took a look, and it looks like this is the Fantastic Four 52 pictured as well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256359782661?_trksid=p2349526.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Thank you - I saw that too. 100% it is, here's a better pic of it I took prior to submitting (so I could compare the before and after).

(For the record, I was submitting to get slabbed only to stop the erosion process, lol)

Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 2.44.16 PM.png

IMG_5098.jpeg

On 1/16/2024 at 3:02 PM, Sauce Dog said:

GUYS THIS IS GETTING CRAZIER. Mike has contacted me! He can't get into his account here for the moment, so maybe a post from him later.

Apparently some of those sold listings were cancelled by him (but still appear as sold under ebay searches) when he noticed the mistake. Apparently he has his own comic collection, and with everything going on lots of them have been mixed up with customer books - so when he lists an item for sale he is 'getting books mixed up' but once he catches the mistake (finding the right copy he owns) he cancels the sale (which is what happened with this tales of suspense).

@ZappedMoose9995 Your book is still in his possession!!! I will get him your invoice and he will have it put together for return as your customer notes he lost on it.

Also, as I thought...the meth claim is false, and apparently well...better you read it from the horses mouth:

Screenshot2024-01-16at3_00_44PM.thumb.png.fbd57eae0bef88c97b5ec4d2da872d1f.png

Screenshot2024-01-16at3_13_56PM.thumb.png.c2a42ea5422253f4eb2cbaae8fcd1695.png

IMG_20240116_110744660_HDR.thumb.jpg.812ed9c11db53e1401d56f0b61badfc2.jpg

IMG_7518.thumb.jpeg.93b8bdc9833e178c111a0c88379bff28.jpeg

Looks like the above FF52 was sold and delivered.  How many AF 15s did he have lying around that he “accidentally” sold?

Edited by habsfan1

This is getting too much for me to even parse and verify, but it was a red-flag to me when 90% of the claims in the original bomb post were new to me and NONE of my other contacts mentioned anything close to them besides the drinking and worry of sold books.

Is he honestly mixing stuff up, maybe, is stuff being sold, maybe...I don't know anymore. Are books stolen, I have no clue....this is a mess and all I hope is he is making good on returning the books he can.

On 1/16/2024 at 3:29 PM, bc said:

I 100% hope he is trying to make things right.

But the fact that customer and personal books are "intermingled" is a bit alarming considering they made it all the way to an eBay listing.

Also, what happens with the customer books that no one claims? Do those become part of his collection then? Hopefully there is a master list.

Thanks for working with him to get people's property back!

-bc

I believe the intermingling part at this point, since everything has become so disorganized that books have been separated from their info (I have sent him the customer information for that Tales of Suspense which he lost, so now he has the info to return that order), but who knows...it's too much me to verify at this point with my limited connection to all this.

I told him NOT to post here again until he had returned a good deal of customer orders so he could show actual action was taken - not empty promises. Everything on my end talking with him and seeing the tracking numbers, confirming delivery with other board members has actually happened and shown him to be actually trying to make things right. So from my side/perspective things were looking positive)

As for the master list....I have access to a backup of the submission system before 2021, so at least for the very oldest of submissions I know I can help. For everything else newer, that was stored online via the system http://jotform.com but it sounds like he does not have access to it any longer (maybe unpaid account fees?) but it looks like the database is still hosted there, so it might be possible to get access to it again in the future.

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 1/16/2024 at 3:11 PM, ZappedMoose9995 said:

Thank you - I saw that too. 100% it is, here's a better pic of it I took prior to submitting (so I could compare the before and after).

(For the record, I was submitting to get slabbed only to stop the erosion process, lol)

Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 2.44.16 PM.png

IMG_5098.jpeg

Surely, he'll include the $200 he made here when he sends my other books back.