• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,344 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2024 at 9:14 AM, CAHokie said:

Interesting that she created an account here, dropped the bomb and never returned. She even knew enough to disable the recent visitors log / features. 

TBF all my contacts that ended up being legit also found the boards, but just never made an account (as they found my username first and reached out through other channels - such as creating social channels elsewhere to message me and only used them for that single moment) so I could see someone just dumping one post if they didn't know who to safely interact with and trust...that said, she needs to come back and seriously share the rest of those text messages. 

While lots of what she said is totally true (I believe he did buy an RV, he did sell - accident or not - a customers book which was FF52, and that AF15 pic is a customer book being shown off) us knowing the context and actual full discussion is key to how customers can proceed at this point and catch the lies that are coming from either side.

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 1/17/2024 at 9:05 AM, jas1vans said:

The longer a story goes, the more likely that it's false. The truth takes but a few words.

Exactly. In my professional authentication I have learned that authenticity is often inversely proportional to the length of the story. Burying in BS is a common tactic to lend false veracity.

Mike could be selling books (intentionally or accidentally) and the story is 90% troll BS. Both of these things could be true at the same time.

On 1/17/2024 at 9:14 AM, CAHokie said:

Interesting that she created an account here, dropped the bomb and never returned. She even knew enough to disable the recent visitors log / features. 

That's interesting. She's one smart meth-head! A crackerjack!

On 1/16/2024 at 3:53 PM, bc said:

Any master list (and pics) should be published here so the collectors and dealers can identify and handle the books accordingly. 

-bc

We might need a pinned thread with all the Master lists of comic book problems the hobby is having.

On 1/17/2024 at 11:16 AM, Dr. Balls said:

We might need a pinned thread with all the Master lists of comic book problems the hobby is having.

At this point, it isn't just the victims. We also should have a proactive concern for any future victimization. I would love to find out this is all a misunderstanding, but misunderstandings rarely last for 10 years. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 1/17/2024 at 10:16 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Yeah I was thinking we could at least have some kind of thread with a vote for 2023 Industry D-bag of the year.  

Since to two are comparable I'm going to say that Mike didn't start out to be a criminal but, in the end, he caused greater individual harm than the D-bag who started out with the intent of defrauding and swapped books.  

Edited by Nick Furious

On 1/18/2024 at 12:54 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

That's interesting. She's one smart meth-head! A crackerjack!

Why am I seeing the word 'crackerjack' so often lately? Is it the cool new slang and nobody's gotten around to telling me? 

• Administrator
On 1/17/2024 at 9:49 PM, Domo Arigato said:

That's one of those pieces of information that only certain board members know.

It's also the kind of information that we can't share with the rest of you

Plus....it's the kind of information that we want people like you to know that only a few of us know what it is.....but that you aren't allowed to know what it is.

In short......a few of us know what it is......you now know that only a few of us know what it is......but those few aren't going to tell you what it is.

Hopefully that clears things up.

It's a good thing you already have a custom title.  

• Administrator
On 1/17/2024 at 9:55 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I believe they can be changed.

But that's something only a few of know about.

The Calgon is staying...

On 1/17/2024 at 9:49 PM, Domo Arigato said:

That's one of those pieces of information that only certain board members know.

It's also the kind of information that we can't share with the rest of you

Plus....it's the kind of information that we want people like you to know that only a few of us know what it is.....but that you aren't allowed to know what it is.

In short......a few of us know what it is......you now know that only a few of us know what it is......but those few aren't going to tell you what it is.

Hopefully that clears things up.

For the kind of people who like that kind of thing, that’s the kind of thing that those people like.

ab67656300005f1fc9cd7eab40963a57ee38ef5f.jpg.4251e747c98611096f472139745c1624.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/17/2024 at 11:55 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I don't. :cry:

Custom titles are like Fight Club.  The 1st rule of getting a custom title is to not talk about a custom title.

(I don't have one either, so what do I know?) :sorry: