• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,376 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2024 at 1:53 PM, altair43 said:

He had the book about 7 months.  My money that I had paid him is gone.   I was one of the filers of the complaints to the Oregon DOJ and I had done a lot of research in trying to find ways to get the books back.  Sauce dog deserves full credit for starting the survey and organizing a solution to this dreadful problem.  He was the one dechellis called and they spoke of how the books will be returned to , at least, the filers of the complaint.  This was my dreadful experience dealing for the first time with this type of horror.  I can't say too much about dechellis at this point because I do not want to jeopardize in any way the victims getting their books returned.  

I'm glad you got your book back.  And I'm absolutely not placing blame on you in any way but we all have to be very careful whom we trust with our books and our money.  I think about all the guys who have recently set up shop pressing and/or submitting books and I wonder how many of them are a hairs width from disappearing with customer's books and money.  And I say that knowing of a couple local stores that went under and customer's books and money disappeared.  One was predictable but the other was around for a while and I really liked the guys who ran it.  

If you are a long term customer of that bank or company and your credit rating is strong that can also yield a better outcome.

Also having multiple accounts with the same bank or company factors in.

They do like low risk long term customers.

I also expected there would be a shorter time frame to take action on a claim...but if they are rolling with it then no reason to stop the process.

It's time to review my terms and conditions to know better these things.

I have to also say the credit companies may like low risk long term customers...but  they really love customers who might be higher risk and carry a balance long term and get dinged with late fees and etc

Those are the "good" customers. 🤩

Edited by phretbored

On 2/4/2024 at 10:42 PM, Roadhawk84 said:

Glad I checked back in on this thread. Just found out my book is on his ebay "sold" listings...

Have you filled out the survey? https://r8f0sk8dr88.typeform.com/to/yoKI6552 (be sure to include your board handle here in the notes at the end so I know who I'm helping)

This situation is brutal. Read the other thread that was linked and it’s sad. That thread should be a case study on how not to run a business, handle adversity or unexpected pitfalls and ultimately rectify a self inflicted wound. 

Hope that everyone can, at a minimum, recover their books. 

I was about to poast that this thread got stale but now I see some new activity!

Roadhawk84 I am really sorry to see that you got caught up in this situation.

That's a tougher spot to be in if your book is showing up as sold but at least there is a trail to follow.

How did you find out about this thread?

There have to be some others out there who might not be aware is my guess.

Edited by phretbored

On 2/5/2024 at 8:21 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Have you filled out the survey? https://r8f0sk8dr88.typeform.com/to/yoKI6552 (be sure to include your board handle here in the notes at the end so I know who I'm helping)

I have completed the survey. However, as I recall, I hadn't posted anything to any boards at that time so I didn't have a handle to provide. 

I found this thread via reddit. 

On 2/5/2024 at 4:36 PM, Nick Furious said:

I think that's a generic forum-generated link anytime Ebay is typed into the forum. 

this...

some kind of cross licensing deal from an ill-fated venture.

-bc

On 2/5/2024 at 8:34 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Update: As of this week it sounds like four more customer invoices have been shipped, including the infamous Flash #1! There is one more customer I'm waiting for address confirmation from, but their books are all accounted for and ready to be mailed out.

Once all those are confirmed delivered it will bring us up to eight customers from the survey getting their property back (over half the people who filled out the survey). 

Not including the Flash #1 (which I have no idea the actual value of in this case), the total value of books returned thus far will be approximately $150,000-$180,000usd (note this number is SUPER low. It is based on the amount each customer declared at the time of submission...some many years ago, in fact this calculation includes mid-high grade copies of AF#15 worth only $5000, More Fun Comics #73 valued at $5000, and X-Men #1 for $2000...so yeah, assume it should be MUCH higher at current FMV)

Great job Sauce Dog!  You are doing amazing work. 

Edited by CAHokie