• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,357 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2024 at 1:05 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I greatly appreciate the gesture, but no reciprocation needed :D
I'm just happy that I could use the unique position I was in to help push for, and streamline, the return of books to my fellow boardies. 

You deserve at least a virtual drink :cheers:

-bc

On 2/6/2024 at 1:15 PM, shadroch said:

It's a step in the right direction, but lets not forget these people lost thousands of dollars yet to be recovered. 

If you want to get specific; From just only those who filled out the survey it would be around $41,654usd paid by twelve customers :gossip:

NOTICE:

Has anyone else recognized their books as being sold on ebay? Those of you who have not PM'd me please do so.

Did anyone here submit an Amazing Spider-Man #252 specifically and never got it back (this is a fairly 'common' book to submit so I want to get an idea of numbers)?

Has anyone ever submitted books to Hero Restoration years ago and never got a book back (I'm talking years before all this went down. Maybe you forgot exactly every single book you submitted to him and didn't get them all back -  only to remember about it years later but never followed up about it with Mike. Maybe you personally dropped off a stack of books to him and forgot about picking em up)?

On 2/6/2024 at 12:40 PM, Sauce Dog said:

If you want to get specific; From just only those who filled out the survey it would be around $41,654usd paid by twelve customers :gossip:

Likely there are many customers out there that we don't know about or who don't know about this thread.

On 2/8/2024 at 11:30 AM, ZappedMoose9995 said:

Positive news. Last month, I filled out Sauce Dog’s survey, and I filed with the Oregon DOJ. Yesterday, it paid off. Thanks to Sauce Dog acting as the HR Whisperer, I received my books back. Minus the one Mike sold.

1) All 9 appear be in the same condition they were when I submitted them. So that was nice. They were with HR for approximately 14 months.

2) I also received full compensation for the one book he did sell. The compensation was for the amount I insured the book for, which was more than what he sold it for. While obviously I’d much prefer the book hadn’t been sold, I give him credit for reimbursing me for the insured amount.

3) This was to be expected, but just to confirm - further financial restitution remains unresolved.

A giant, massive fish-bowl sized drink to Sauce Dog for making this possible. You have an amazing amount of karma and goodwill coming your way, and I can’t say enough how grateful I am to you for your involvement. I hope Mike continues to do the right thing and return people’s property… clearly he’s capable of it and in the long run, both legally and as a human being, it's a better look on him.

Was any kind of explanation offered as to why he sold your book?

On 2/8/2024 at 4:22 PM, Gaard said:

Was any kind of explanation offered as to why he sold your book?

The explanation he has given me was that he mixed up his personal books with customer books and thus listed the wrong ones for sale. This is the same explanation he's given me for all sold customer books now (the FF above that was sold was NOT the only confirmed one sold on ebay). 

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 2/8/2024 at 5:09 PM, Sauce Dog said:

For those wanting a general vibe check on the entire situation, I can't say much but maybe this will suffice.

48e891f2-75fa-4c19-bf84-373454e3a6ec_text.gif.7829bf6cd44ae767fb50ed4a54261a8d.gif

That’s not good to read.  I was hoping that MAYBE things were headed in the right direction, albeit slowly.  There must be some new info…

On 2/8/2024 at 6:43 PM, badback83 said:

That’s not good to read.  I was hoping that MAYBE things were headed in the right direction, albeit slowly.  There must be some new info…

There is the new info Mike tells me, there is the new info my contacts tell me, and then there is the new info I get from other customers...and all I know is plenty of people here are going to be very unhappy in the future.

I've done all I can for now, and I hope the last few invoices I've pushed to Mike do get sent out, but I'm sitting on info that is just awful and I need to figure out if it can even be released (and how much of it is legit while protecting people, also hearsay stories are not any help posted here to anyone actually wanting to take legal action...so all it would do is blow up the place up into lockable chaos).

On 2/8/2024 at 6:52 PM, Sauce Dog said:

There is the new info Mike tells me, there is the new info my contacts tell me, and then there is the new info I get from other customers...and all I know is plenty of people here are going to be very unhappy in the future.

I've done all I can for now, and I hope the last few invoices I've pushed to Mike do get sent out, but I'm sitting on info that is just awful and I need to figure out if it can even be released (and how much of it is legit while protecting people, also hearsay stories are not any help posted here to anyone actually wanting to take legal action...so all it would do is blow up the place up into lockable chaos).

Ugh.  It sounds disgustingly awful.