• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,339 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2024 at 7:00 PM, Sauce Dog said:

...and yes I am well aware I'm being a massive tease regarding my box of secrets, trust me - if I could I would love to spill the beans, but for now I'll just have to leave you all basically like

surprise-whats-in-the-box.gif.08c0cb55e8ff45129d0f76896209b94e.gif

Completely understandable and good to post up, just so it doesn't look to be dodging questions or emotions of recent relief. 

No one would think out of the woods yet, but better to get out ahead to say as all men would on unsure promises, "we'll see!"

On 2/11/2024 at 4:48 PM, Sauce Dog said:

While I know contacting him is impossible now

In custody?

Linking my previous comment from this thread below for visibility. Those affected should reach out to law enforcement:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/529515-hero-restoration-anyone-know-the-latest/?do=findComment&comment=13067548

As an add-on to my previous comment, I would recommend calling law enforcement, rather than submitting an online form if at all possible. Individuals who take the time and make the effort to call will, rightly or wrongly, be taken more seriously and given priority over those who simply fill out a written complaint.

Best of luck.

Edited by Kripsys99

On 2/11/2024 at 5:41 PM, Kripsys99 said:

In custody?

Linking my previous comment from this thread below for visibility. Those affected should reach out to law enforcement.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/529515-hero-restoration-anyone-know-the-latest/?do=findComment&comment=13067548

As an add-on to my previous comment, I would recommend calling law enforcement, rather than submitting an online form if at all possible. Individuals who take the time and make the effort to call will, rightly or wrongly, be taken more seriously and given priority over those who simply fill out a written complaint.

Best of luck.

Not in custody, just that all his regular/public phone numbers and emails do not seem to work anymore (bounce backs, and the phones are no longer his or disconnected). I don't have a phone number either for him, only one email address I think he set up after all this started and it has been my only method of commutation with him.

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 2/11/2024 at 5:43 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Not in custody, just that all his regular/public phone numbers and emails do not seem to work anymore (bounce backs, and the phones are no longer his or disconnected). I don't have a phone number either for him, only one email address I think he set up after all this started and it has been my only method of commutation with him.

Has he given any indication about his intentions from here?  Does he plan to mail more books back?

On 2/11/2024 at 6:53 PM, KCOComics said:

Has he given any indication about his intentions from here?  Does he plan to mail more books back?

He says his intention is doing the right thing, and it sounds like he wants to mail back stuff (especially to those customers he knows are pushing for legal action) but what will come of this I don't know - especially if he no longer has those books to return. 

On 2/11/2024 at 9:25 PM, phretbored said:

damn as much as Mike has been able to fix some issues there is still a bad side here at the end of the day per Sauce Dog's comments

i feel bad for those victims

use any and all tools and resources available to get some kind of resolution

Agreed. The best case scenario right now is he returns all the books he hasn't sold. 

And even in this best case scenario, he's stolen tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars from people. And he's sold some books. 

My hope right now is that everyone gets their books back. Hopefully law enforcement will step in.

But - I don't see anyone getting money back. Blood from a stone!

I just logged on to this site today as I received a package in the mail today of the Flash 1. It is all separate pages with various states of restoration. 

1. I would like to personally thank everyone that has been working and helping out with this unfortunate predicament. 
2. I am glad that after 14 years and $5000.00 paid to Mike for a complete restoration, I now have the book back. At least pages from it. I am honestly scared to look at them. At least in the last 14 years I have tried to forget about it. 

when I sent it to him it was in a graded CGC case. Now I have sort of a book back. Does anyone recommend a reputable restoration person that could help me?

Thanks again, 

67728284-79EF-485B-8AD7-3070A8BDFF20.jpeg