• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
27 27

1,920 posts in this topic

^ kudos on being someone who has kept up confidence/trust positivity. That type of outlook is truly a recipe for a longer lifespan.

Hope your books are ones the law was able to recover

Edited by MAR1979

On 8/23/2024 at 3:03 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

Gee, thanks for the condescending response that assumes I’m a child. Shove it.

Mr. Z - I don't blame you for what it is worth.  Mike was very good at what he did. I like to believe that most people are good and generally honest.  Of course everyone has lied or stretches the truth on ocassion, but most people are not out there to screw everyone (and I mean everyone) over.  

On 8/23/2024 at 3:20 PM, Neo "The One" said:

Mr. Z - I don't blame you for what it is worth.  Mike was very good at what he did. I like to believe that most people are good and generally honest.  Of course everyone has lied or stretches the truth on ocassion, but most people are not out there to screw everyone (and I mean everyone) over.  

I deleted my response because it was ill tempered. It’s a sensitive spot for me… Cause I feel like I was manipulated by someone who I thought was a friend.

There’s a big difference between giving a someone who you thought was a friend for many years the benefit of the doubt… And being suspicious of a stranger. That’s the difference with Mike. He wasn’t some unknown snake oil salesman to many of us. I’d like to think that most of us would give a friend the benefit of a doubt (against unknown accusers) before throwing them under the bus. 

Admittedly, I didn't read all posts here but I read the posts for about 20-30 pages.

There are plenty of evidences, outstanding arrests and countless filed complaints.  Did the police have the search warrant and raid/impound his business?   I hope he is in the jail indefinitely.

It seems that he goes on with all problems outside the courthouse.  It looks like the problems are endless.

Edited by JollyComics

On 8/23/2024 at 4:15 PM, mmm68 said:

Did Mike actually restore a single comic between 2015 and 2023? Does anyone know? I know he did pressing and cleaning but did he actually restore anything?

If I recall correctly, his Instagram had videos and before and after photos of some restoration jobs. Unfortunately, it’s gone now. His website also listed a woman who was on staff as a “colorist.“ So I believe the answer is “yes,” but it may have been simpler restoration work. From what we’ve seen here, obviously he was not competent in more complex techniques. 

On 8/21/2024 at 2:00 PM, Copy801 said:

Thanks! I got very very lucky. This is a photo of some books Hero restoration was working on in 2022. I don't know if you saw this or if it has anything you weren't aware of. 

20220927_224920.jpg

Glad you followed up

On 8/23/2024 at 4:45 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

If I recall correctly, his Instagram had videos and before and after photos of some restoration jobs. Unfortunately, it’s gone now. His website also listed a woman who was on staff as a “colorist.“ So I believe the answer is “yes,” but it may have been simpler restoration work. From what we’ve seen here, obviously he was not competent in more complex techniques. 

Those comics are not graded and some could be photocopies.

Edited by mmm68

On 8/23/2024 at 8:25 PM, Flanders82 said:

The bail may have been increased, although I believe his bail should be denied. He's a danger to the community due to his alcohol abuse and has no value to society.

Here's what I see on the Linn County Sheriff's website. The bail may now be a total of $70,000. 

hero bail.JPG

Wow I hope this is the case! 

On 8/24/2024 at 2:08 AM, Neo "The One" said:

I hear he's getting out.  I emailed them a lengthy statement why I feel like he should not be and Cantina201 called them, but sounds like we were too late.  They gave me 2 deadlines.  1 11:30 PST and 10:30 PDT.  Full of typos, but I sent it by 10:30 their time.  Justice is deaf blind and dumb.  

I have said it in the forum across the "street" now states, but if you check the Judge's background - she is a very lenient judge

The bail may have been increased, although I believe his bail should be denied. He's a danger to the community due to his alcohol abuse and has no value to society.

Here's what I see on the Linn County Sheriff's website. The bail may now be a total of $70,000. 

hero bail.JPG

Thankfully he’s not in a state that has cashless bail, i.e., no bail for non-violent crimes. 

On 8/23/2024 at 9:49 PM, KCOComics said:

Then the Flash #1 story came to light and more and more stories followed that showed this wasn't isolated to when he got sick.  This had been going on for a decade.... I lost hope and he lost credibility. 

Same. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but that is not a limitless blank check. Once more evidence surfaced like the Flash #1, I made it my mission to spread the word on Facebook and direct as many people as I could to this thread for more information.

I know the victims will never be made whole, but hopefully seeing Mike prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law will deliver some sense of justice. I’m concerned the judge will buy the substance-abuse sob story and let him off easy.

hero bail.JPG

I have been following the thread throughout, and I remember others posting about suspected drug or alcohol abuse, has this been substantiated? I am not suggesting this has any bearing on responsibility or accountability, just curious as to the foundation. 

On 8/24/2024 at 1:10 PM, crassus said:

I have been following the thread throughout, and I remember others posting about suspected drug or alcohol abuse, has this been substantiated? I am not suggesting this has any bearing on responsibility or accountability, just curious as to the foundation. 

People are speculating based on the DUII. Which I believe he got before these charges. I don’t know all the detail I assume he was charged and released. Then the police could not find him. It could have been a one-time thing or a pattern, of substance abuse, we don’t know enough to say. Oregon only has (DUII) Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants so it could be either drugs or alcohol or both.

He was also charged with Driving While Suspended (DWS). Does anyone know if he got a second DUII at the sametime?

https://www.jaredjustice.com/dui-vs-duii/

Edited by mmm68