• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,346 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2023 at 1:40 AM, ExNihilo said:

You would have thought that would have been the case in July, yet people still sent him books in August.  I get it, no one's perusing the internet for every reference of a business, but it's clear there are still people out there who are still blind to what's happening.

Or so he claims.

I dunno, from the prior thread, he seems the type to be very eager to defend himself and play the victim card.  I can't imagine him just restraining himself and not saying anything.  Far easier for him to just delete his account in July and turn a blind eye to everything.  For him, it's better to be ignorant than informed.

He may have gotten himself banned with his final rant in the last thread.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:40 PM, ExNihilo said:

You would have thought that would have been the case in July, yet people still sent him books in August.  I get it, no one's perusing the internet for every reference of a business, but it's clear there are still people out there who are still blind to what's happening.

Hang on, you're taking my words out of context.

I was speaking to the notion that collecting information from the affected customers might be the first step in eventually getting some legal pressure applied. 

At no point did I suggest that this effort to gather information would have any kind of impact on new customers submitting books.  It's pretty easy to see how a new customer would be completely unaware of what's being discussed here.

Edited by Number 6

On 11/26/2023 at 12:43 PM, wombat said:

Good lord. How many of your posts do I comment on? But when I see blatant hypocrisy I tend to call it out. Of course you are a victim here. That fits your MO.  

Caveat Emptor is an imperative statement.  You can think of it as a warning. Let the buyer beware.  As an imperative statement, it is forward looking - i.e. Beware, lest you run into trouble.

Using it after the fact, is actually stating that the buyer failed to beware and is, ipso facto, victim shaming, or in some cases foolish person shaming.

You are absolved.

On 11/29/2023 at 10:14 AM, Cnight said:

What is the time frame for requesting reimbursement from my credit card company due to any fraudulent activities by Mike?

It depends on the terms and conditions of your agreement with the credit card company. I would call them immediately.

On 11/21/2023 at 11:01 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Attention, attention! 

If you have sent books to Hero Restoration and have not received them back, please send a copy of your email receipt from H R showing what books were sent and the date to @Sauce Dog and myself.  Feel free to redact any personal information you aren't comfortable sharing such as a credit card number and so forth.  Please use your own judgement on what you do or do not want to share at this time.  It may become necessary to provide more detail later, but let's start with this.  The purpose of this request is probably obvious, but feel free to PM me or SD with any questions or concerns.

@MattTheDuck

You guys doing something?  What about folks who got their books back but received no work for their cost?

On 11/22/2023 at 12:33 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Just to add to what @MattTheDuck has said: If you made a submission before 2021 but no longer have the original email notification that was sent you can still message me directly and I might be able to help source it and add you & your books to the list of those outstanding.

@Sauce Dog I have my books, thank God, but I can add my damages to the total claim; if that would help.

On 11/29/2023 at 10:28 AM, Cnight said:

@Sauce Dog I have my books, thank God, but I can add my damages to the total claim; if that would help.

That would most certainly help and I encourage everyone to fill out the survey even if they have their books back (if they paid for services that were never provided that is very important)

On 11/29/2023 at 11:39 AM, Sauce Dog said:

That would most certainly help and I encourage everyone to fill out the survey even if they have their books back (if they paid for services that were never provided that is very important)

@Sauce Dog could you re-share the survey link? I’ll provide the info.

Also, I have the receipts from my payment with time stamps; is there a way to share that with you?

On 11/29/2023 at 7:14 AM, Cnight said:

What is the time frame for requesting reimbursement from my credit card company due to any fraudulent activities by Mike?

Each credit card issuer has different terms, but the most I've seen was 6 months.  Chase and BofA show 60 days.  AmEx is 120.

Looks like he dissolved his business this year and made a new one at the end of last year. Probably to shield himself from liability.

http://records.sos.state.or.us/ORSOSWebDrawer/Recordhtml/9363223

https://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_web_name_srch_inq.show_detl?p_be_rsn=2353530&p_srce=BR_INQ&p_print=FALSE

On 11/29/2023 at 11:48 AM, Cnight said:

@Sauce Dog could you re-share the survey link? I’ll provide the info.

Also, I have the receipts from my payment with time stamps; is there a way to share that with you?

Images of receipts can be uploaded in the survey at https://r8f0sk8dr88.typeform.com/to/yoKI6552

On 11/29/2023 at 12:36 PM, Tnexus said:

Looks like he dissolved his business this year and made a new one at the end of last year. Probably to shield himself from liability.

http://records.sos.state.or.us/ORSOSWebDrawer/Recordhtml/9363223

https://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_web_name_srch_inq.show_detl?p_be_rsn=2353530&p_srce=BR_INQ&p_print=FALSE

I'm not sure how this works in the USA, but how does dissolving the company in March 2023 legally impact any business he accepted after that date?

On 11/29/2023 at 1:59 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I'm not sure how this works in the USA, but how does dissolving the company in March 2023 legally impact any business he accepted after that date?

It can affect personal liability, but to the extent that there is going to be litigation, there will be vigorous attempts to pierce that LLC and attach personal liability, regardless of when the entity was formed, dissolved or re-formed.  

On 11/28/2023 at 11:38 AM, seanfingh said:

Caveat Emptor is an imperative statement.  You can think of it as a warning. Let the buyer beware.  As an imperative statement, it is forward looking - i.e. Beware, lest you run into trouble.

Using it after the fact, is actually stating that the buyer failed to beware and is, ipso facto, victim shaming, or in some cases foolish person shaming.

You are absolved.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!...when dealing with Seanfingh's wit. :baiting:

True story, actually. This guy will singe you without breaking a sweat. lol

On 11/29/2023 at 12:59 PM, Sauce Dog said:

On 11/29/2023 at 1:42 PM, seanfingh said:

It can affect personal liability, but to the extent that there is going to be litigation, there will be vigorous attempts to pierce that LLC and attach personal liability, regardless of when the entity was formed, dissolved or re-formed.  

Also demonstrates two very important concepts - knowledge and intent.