• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,339 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2023 at 8:01 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Attention, attention! 

If you have sent books to Hero Restoration and have not received them back, please send a copy of your email receipt from H R showing what books were sent and the date to @Sauce Dog and myself.  Feel free to redact any personal information you aren't comfortable sharing such as a credit card number and so forth.  Please use your own judgement on what you do or do not want to share at this time.  It may become necessary to provide more detail later, but let's start with this.  The purpose of this request is probably obvious, but feel free to PM me or SD with any questions or concerns.

I know @CGC Mike has already addressed your question about where else to post this, but what about starting another dedicated thread where the purposes of gathering information is clearly stated in the title and first post?  Possibly even having it temporarily pinned?

Currently this request for information is on page 7 of this thread. I could see someone affected by this seeing the thread for the first time, reading a couple of pages and get discouraged concluding that it’s just business as usual for Heroes Restoration and click out of the thread without ever making it to page 7. 

Granted, there’s this thread and the locked thread, so I could see why Mike might be hesitant to allow a 3rd thread about this. 

Just a thought. 

On 11/22/2023 at 7:18 AM, Number 6 said:

Currently this request for information is on page 7 of this thread. I could see someone affected by this seeing the thread for the first time, reading a couple of pages and get discouraged concluding that it’s just business as usual for Heroes Restoration and click out of the thread without ever making it to page 7.

That's a pretty good point. This is a pretty monumental topic that affects a wide variety of people, almost all of which are CGC customers (either before or after restoration is/was/will be performed). It'd also be effective seeing this as a pinned post. I'm sure a non-incendiary, unbiased thread topic could be wordsmithed to keep CGC out of legal entanglements.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 11/22/2023 at 7:26 AM, Sauce Dog said:

I will continue to chat with Matt about this since he is the most local in the area willing to help, but for now let us leave the posts here.

I am looking into perhaps simply setting up a secure online form people can use to enter basic information (nothing personal or monetary) and so we can have a centralized list (otherwise we risk comments all over the place and DM's going to multiple people). Once I figure that out and have it setup we can consider making a single stickied thread in general (which we can lock to not have comments and just direct people to the form)

Perhaps reaching out to @Cantina201 to see if he'd edit his first post to include a statement/link to Page 7 might also be a good compromise to starting another thread?

On 11/21/2023 at 5:13 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I live close to this situation, and I would be happy to go down there at my own expense and try to resolve this, by which I mean figure out if the books are still there and if the owners can be identified.  If they are and can, I'd start packing and shipping them at my expense and hope to be reimbursed by the owners.  It goes without saying that I don't want Covid and would greatly prefer to have backup.

I think there's probably only a small chance anyone's books are recoverable.  It's not hard to imagine a person who is desperate enough would cash in.

I might be completely off base, but what makes you think Hero Restoration wants to return these comics? 

On 11/22/2023 at 7:45 AM, MattTheDuck said:

I don't know what Hero wants.  I am hoping for his cooperation to resolve the situation.

Based solely on what I have read on these boards, I believe Hero still imagines - rightly or wrongly - that he will at some point be able to finish all of the promised work and salvage his reputation (and not have to repay any of his customers). I think if he wanted to return the comics to his customers, as repeatedly requested, he would have already done so. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I think on the off chance you are able to establish contact with him he is going to tell you to go :censored: yourself.

On 11/23/2023 at 2:53 PM, CJ Design said:

Again no skin in the game...a sad situation all around. When I mentioned to my Wife...she said..."He probably has sold some books..."   That really hasn't been mentioned here. ??? 

He better hope this isn’t the case, not only for the victims but also his own sake.  Otherwise his criminal exposure will get significantly worse.