• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,339 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2023 at 10:28 PM, Cat said:
On 11/21/2023 at 10:14 PM, wombat said:

I have no idea what people can do to at least protect the books that Hero has, but he may very well die. Then what?

Do you believe the whole death's door thing? It seems rather convenient that he's constantly at death's door yet keeps talking in new books somehow. 

No, I don't really believe it. But it is something to think about. What happens in that case? How can people try and get their books returned to them?

On 11/21/2023 at 10:28 PM, KCOComics said:

Death aside, even if he sends back the books, he still stole what amounts to hundreds of thousands of dollars over years and years. 

Even since the original thread started,  he's had plenty of time to ship books back! Especially these older orders that have been sitting for years and years. 

I'm not a lawyer or a cop,  but I have to imagine this level of fraud would result in an arrest and restitution.  The unfortunate part about restitution is,  you can't get blood from a stone. I'm sure there is Bankruptcy and selling his home,  but I can't see a scenario where all the victims are made whole. 

Embezzlement and misappropriation immediately come to mind as well. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 11/21/2023 at 1:01 PM, universal soldier said:

Took me a while to connect the dots between board handle changes but there was always something off with this guy. While I hope he's okay and that everyone gets their books back/restituion, here you go. A leopard never changes his spots...

This guy must be from the future:

I wonder if this is just a scam to have people start sending mid grade keys to him and then he disappears with them.

Edited by Nick Furious

On 11/21/2023 at 10:01 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Attention, attention! 

If you have sent books to Hero Restoration and have not received them back, please send a copy of your email receipt from H R showing what books were sent and the date to @Sauce Dog and myself.  Feel free to redact any personal information you aren't comfortable sharing such as a credit card number and so forth.  Please use your own judgement on what you do or do not want to share at this time.  It may become necessary to provide more detail later, but let's start with this.  The purpose of this request is probably obvious, but feel free to PM me or SD with any questions or concerns.

@CGC Mike - how can this post get maximum eyes on it?

On 11/21/2023 at 11:02 PM, Nick Furious said:

This guy must be from the future:

I wonder if this is just a scam to have people start sending mid grade keys to him and then he disappears with them.

:whatthe:

On 11/21/2023 at 8:59 PM, Nick Furious said:

@MattTheDuck this is a blight on the reputation of Oregonians and former Oregonians everywhere.  We are counting on you to take care of business!  

Justified or not, the last frickin' thing this State needs is another black mark on its reputation.

Just to add to what @MattTheDuck has said: If you made a submission before 2021 but no longer have the original email notification that was sent you can still message me directly and I might be able to help source it and add you & your books to the list of those outstanding.

On 11/21/2023 at 9:59 PM, Nick Furious said:

@MattTheDuck this is a blight on the reputation of Oregonians and former Oregonians everywhere.  We are counting on you to take care of business!  

I think the State Attorney General's Office might be interested.  Many years ago, I got ripped off for $200 on an eBay deal.  EBay said the complaint deadline had passed, and they wouldn't help. The guy even taunted me in replying to an email.  NY State's Consumer Affairs Division referred me to a fraud division. I was surprised by their interest, and a week or so later, I got a response. They said they had contacted the seller and advised him he had thirty days to refund the money or face civil and or criminal complaints.  I never heard from them or the seller, but PayPal refunded me a few weeks later.

Some of his business was in New Jersey, so you have two State AGs, the county or city District Attorney, and the Post Office that might take your complaints.

Between this thread and the previous one, it's mind boggling to think of the amount of money that is now just gone.

Not to mention the value of the books he is holding onto that don't belong to him.

• Administrator
On 11/21/2023 at 11:04 PM, mattn792 said:

@CGC Mike - how can this post get maximum eyes on it?

Well, it's in comics general.  I don't see any other spot here that would give it more views.  I recommend someone going through the other thread to find more people who sent books and/or money to him and got nothing in return.