• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
27 27

1,919 posts in this topic

He’s no Hero: Comic Book Con Man

On 9/12/2024 at 7:52 PM, revat said:

2.  What What if there are multiple submitters of the same title book, and only one book is found?  How much time will the police take to make sure they figure out who it rightfully belongs to?  What if there is a dispute between victims.

As soon as I saw that books were disassembled and parts were all over the place, I quietly questioned whether or not some people's books were parted out to become donor books to more easily restorable candidates.

Got a copy of AF15 that's a rag and has been remaindered?  Donate that centerfold and two inner wraps to another book. 

On 9/15/2024 at 1:10 PM, Buzzetta said:

As soon as I saw that books were disassembled and parts were all over the place, I quietly questioned whether or not some people's books were parted out to become donor books to more easily restorable candidates.

Got a copy of AF15 that's a rag and has been remaindered?  Donate that centerfold and two inner wraps to another book. 

Until evidence of such a thing surfaces then it is just speculation that should be avoided at this point - no sense muddying the waters for the investigators. Personally I'm of the mind that any mis-married parts of comics would be due to dumb negligence since what we do have evidence for is him mixing up client orders and even returning the wrong books / parts to people because his projects were not labeled/organized well at all.

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 9/15/2024 at 6:54 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Until evidence of such a thing surfaces then it is just speculation that should be avoided at this point - no sense muddying the waters for the investigators. Personally I'm of the mind that any mis-married parts of comics would be due to dumb negligence since what we do have evidence for is him mixing up client orders and even returning the wrong books / parts to people because his projects were not labeled/organized well at all.

Okay then.  Negligence.

Either way... I have a feeling that a few books may have been "disappeared."

I've been away from the boards for a while, and was heartened today to read some of the updates in this thread which seem to indicate that Mike may finally be facing some consequences for his actions. Great work @Neo "The One" and @Detective781!

And while I'm really not typically one to  gloat...in this instance - given the occasionally rude, and frequently caustic tone of those naysayers (in this thread, the other thread, and my inbox) who so vocally, so emphatically, so confidently...and sooooo wrongly...said that the police would almost certainly be unwilling (not even unable, but unwilling) to help in this situation (despite my repeated assurances the police would, to say nothing of the fact that that it is their literal job/duty to do so) - let me just leave this here for you...

Spoiler

200w.gif.a63f04b16ff5a06aff4e0c0389d1e149.gif

Here's hoping for justice for those who are out books and money. Best of luck to everyone involved.

Edited by Kripsys99

On 9/17/2024 at 5:16 PM, Detective781 said:

Sorry, due to the riots in Portland a few years ago the state passed a law preventing law enforcement from releasing mugshots.      

If you will be in the court room can you give us an artistic rendition?

On 9/16/2024 at 3:10 AM, Buzzetta said:

Interesting, that would explain a lot.