• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 89...Grade is in
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Thanks for taking a look and passing along your thoughts on a grade. Wondering whether I bother with a press...check out the shot of the spine detail. A lot of little flaws (corner wear/creasing, back cover crease above the coupon that's attracted dirt, ticks on the front and back). Also has gripper holes throughout that hopefully won't count against the book.

IMG_1937.jpeg

IMG_1936.jpeg

IMG_1935.jpeg

IMG_1938.jpeg

IMG_1939.jpeg

IMG_1940.jpeg

IMG_1934.jpeg

IMG_1941.jpeg

IMG_1942.jpeg

Edited by FSQIV
update

C/P might get this to 7.0/7.5, but I'd personally keep/sell this raw. With about 30 sec of searching, I found a CGC 8.0 for $115. All the expenses associate with prepping and grading would get you really close to the same level of investment.

On 11/12/2023 at 10:42 AM, scburdet said:

C/P might get this to 7.0/7.5, but I'd personally keep/sell this raw. With about 30 sec of searching, I found a CGC 8.0 for $115. All the expenses associate with prepping and grading would get you really close to the same level of investment.

That's a good point with the sunk costs post-grading and the expected/hoped payback. I went ahead and submitted in-person at a show today to see if the folks in C&P can work some minor miracles to bring this into VF+ range. We shall see...