• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comicart live Nov 2023 discussion
3 3

72 posts in this topic

Surprised there isn't a thread about this yet.

How is the show for everyone so far? I haven't bought anything yet. Only 3 pieces mildly interested me (that were still for sale when I saw them). I made an offer on one of them but haven't heard back yet.

I did make a few sales, and the relatively more expensive ones too so I am please.

Malvin

I bought a piece. The image was great and the price was fair (at least I felt it was). 

Saved 28 pieces of which 16 are above 1600 which I will not be buying (I just like to look). Of the remaining 12, tomorrow  I'll make an offer on one or two, see if there are any takers.

One guy has a page up that he bought from one of the dealers over the last year for $750 and he proclaimed that it was so great to finally own a page from this great storyline … but he has it up for sale for $5K on CAL (I do see that happen quite often from other collectors in my FB original art buy, sell, trade art group, so it should never surprise me at all).

I saw a few pieces I used to own were up in CAL. Including a triplicate X-Men cover by Stuart Immonen and X-Men Jim Lee page both prices surprised me. The Immonen which was listed for $21K sold, not sure what the final price was but that was over 3x what I sold it for years ago. The Jim Lee X-Men page I remember buying from Jim at Wonder Con in 1990 for $120 with a wolverine head sketch and asking price is $55K. Boy asking prices sure have gone up.