• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Request To Remove Chip Cataldo From The HOS
7 7

72 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2023 at 4:30 PM, Math Teacher said:

Well, considering that it was @Cat who brought the mental health issue up, is Cat the one who is playing and manipulating me or is it Chip?

Since you’ve read the linked thread you now probably have a better idea of who I was referring to but just to be absolutely clear:  I was referring to Chip, not Cat.

While I don’t necessarily agree with Cat’s impression of Chip’s status, I think Cat relayed that information in good faith and without any attempt to deceive.  

Mental Health should be treated and not ignored but it doesn’t provide an excuse or erasure of past actions.

I can’t help but wonder something. If a list that is rarely looked at or referenced unless needed is bad for one’s mental health then how about this thread?

There is no way this thread was not going to bring up all the bad things from the past.

Was Chip consulted before opening this thread about him?

I feel that this is one of those things done with good intentions but no thought behind it. It may make a few posters feel better about themselves but at what expense to Chip….the one we are supposed to be “caring” about?

On 11/24/2023 at 12:20 AM, CAHokie said:

Mental Health should be treated and not ignored but it doesn’t provide an excuse or erasure of past actions.

I can’t help but wonder something. If a list that is rarely looked at or referenced unless needed is bad for one’s mental health then how about this thread?

There is no way this thread was not going to bring up all the bad things from the past.

Was Chip consulted before opening this thread about him?

I feel that this is one of those things done with good intentions but no thought behind it. It may make a few posters feel better about themselves but at what expense to Chip….the one we are supposed to be “caring” about?

I did not consult Chip, no. I'm very much regretting what I've done, and feel terrible. 

On 11/23/2023 at 2:47 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Cat is fine, he had the best of intentions and nothing said here as a result has been bad. I'm not upset at all about anything. I don't get upset anymore and my mental health is just fine. I appreciate everyone's comments and look forward to slowly posting more in the forum. 

I think you're on a good path. There were times in my life many years ago when even discussions like this may have shaken me. 

The quest is to discover who we really are, face it and then find that true inner centering, and this makes all the outside noise unimportant. You become unshakable.

That path has been the goal for me for many years and it was a lot of hard work but I can genuinely say that my happiness, or better put, my peace comes from inside and from how I see myself not from any outside circumstances. What happens on the outside really is irrelevant to me. 

This isn't so much to preach to you but rather to acknowledge that you've obviously made progress on that path and to just encourage you to stay on it.

A few comments. And it might seem harsh. Mental Health is not some kind of get out of jail free card from the HOS. It should have no bearing whatsoever on removal. Person A and person B so very similar things to get put on the HOS. Do we remove person A on because it would improve their mental health, but not remove person B because they are fine mentally?

Apart from that I don't think anyone should ever be removed from the HOS. No matter what changes they have made that doesn't erase what they have done in the past. And as many have pointed out, its not like they can't post here. So what is really the punishment? Buying and selling? They can do that in a thousand other places. Heck, I'm sure through private messages they could still do that here. 

Lastly, I would think the road to "redemption" on this forum would entail being an active helpful poster. Being a good member of the community. 

On 11/24/2023 at 11:30 AM, wombat said:

So what is really the punishment? Buying and selling? They can do that in a thousand other places. Heck, I'm sure through private messages they could still do that here. 

I believe they can still buy, unless the seller stipulates they don't sell to members on the HOS

On 11/24/2023 at 12:30 PM, wombat said:

Apart from that I don't think anyone should ever be removed from the HOS. No matter what changes they have made that doesn't erase what they have done in the past. 

It’s really that simple. 

It's akin to having someone wishing to have all the negative news about them on Google removed as they have reformed. Historical evidence should never be removed or whitewashed. We should look forward and hope that time will be a great healer and that some people will recognise the difference in the person in form and substance. 

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I've begun posting again and am happy to be interacting with everyone. This really is a fun place to be.

As far as not buying/selling, as I said before that is fine and no big deal. I understand why I'm remaining on the HOS and I won't be selling or buying here. It's not wanted by all and not needed by me to be a productive member of this community again.

On 11/26/2023 at 1:22 PM, thehumantorch said:

Don't regret this.  You see someone who's changing for the better and now you're advocating for them.  There's nothing in it for you, you're very kind.

For the record I've dealt with a fair amount of addiction and problems in my family.  I wish just one of them would straighten out and become a better person.

Thank you for the kind words, and I'm sorry you've got those problems within your family. Hopefully one day you'll be in a position to advocate for them after they've showed change.