• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bird R.I.P.
13 13

138 posts in this topic

It's with my deepest sadness that I have to share that "bird" -- Sean Wasielewski -- passed away suddenly on Wednesday. He was a man with many opinions, and he and I had some great discussions about comics and life over the years both here and -- even better -- face-to-face. 

I spoke with his wife earlier today and she let me know that a service will take place soon, although they don't have the details yet. I suspect it will be near the shore in Jersey where he lived, and I'll post that information here when I get it. Along with his wife, he had two lovely daughters.

Edited to include obituary: https://www.shorepointfh.com/obituary/Sean-Wasielewski

Edited by RCheli

Oh man, this is a shock. Sean and I alternatively agreed and disagreed on tons of original art topics, but he was a guy that could do that and still stay fun and positive. He was a relatively young guy too.  How horrible for his family. 

Oh man. Terrible news. I met Bird when he picked my raffle prize a few years back. Since we are both in NJ we decided to meet up at a local show instead of shipping the prize out. Had a great time talking with him and sharing comic book stories. When I saw this thread my heart sank and was hoping it was not this. 

I had noticed that he hadn't typed as much lately. I bought my FF #45 first inhumans from him, complete with a back cover date stamp of 1965. Fair man with the frow avatar @Bird see you in Heaven one day!