• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bird R.I.P.
13 13

138 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2023 at 9:34 AM, namisgr said:

Sad and shockied to learn of Bird's passing.  I know that as a highly trained clinical psychologist, he devoted his professional life to the psychological well being of people, a selfless and vitally important commitment.  My condolences go to his immediate and extended family and close friends.

Well said Bob.

Oh no this is a devastating loss. So sorry to hear of this news. Sending Blessings to his family and all the friends he made not just here on the boards but it sounds like in the community as well. It was always a joy to read Bird’s posts he was compassionate about the hobby and made this place more enjoyable and interesting for us all. God Bless

On 11/24/2023 at 12:20 PM, RCheli said:

It's with my deepest sadness that I have to share that "bird" -- Sean Wasielewski -- passed away suddenly on Wednesday. He was a man with many opinions, and he and I had some great discussions about comics and life over the years both here and -- even better -- face-to-face. 

I spoke with his wife earlier today and she let me know that a service will take place soon, although they don't have the details yet. I suspect it will be near the shore in Jersey where he lived, and I'll post that information here when I get it. Along with his wife, he had two lovely daughters.

Edited to include obituary: https://www.shorepointfh.com/obituary/Sean-Wasielewski

Just seeing this.  I'm so sad, Bird was a fixture here and a passionate OA collector.