• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bird R.I.P.
13 13

138 posts in this topic

On 11/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, Eclipse said:

Sorry to hear this. Never met him but i always thought he lived by me in Jersey. Anyone know what town he lived in?

last I know Middlesex, NJ

On 11/24/2023 at 2:20 PM, RCheli said:

It's with my deepest sadness that I have to share that "bird" -- Sean Wasielewski -- passed away suddenly on Wednesday. He was a man with many opinions, and he and I had some great discussions about comics and life over the years both here and -- even better -- face-to-face. 

I spoke with his wife earlier today and she let me know that a service will take place soon, although they don't have the details yet. I suspect it will be near the shore in Jersey where he lived, and I'll post that information here when I get it. Along with his wife, he had two lovely daughters.

Thank you for this information. Sean took a lot of time in 2021 giving me advice when I was dealing with burnout and other stress from working in a pharmacy and the general tilt in the lower rungs of the medical industry in general. We had planned to meet up as we was up by Rutgers' quite a bit and now I'm sad we never found the time. A really patient and generous guy with me. R.I.P.

Wow, just saw this. Shocking. So sad and so young. Sean was a very cool dude. I bought some books from him after he sent me a PM that he knew I was looking for. Probably wasn’t worth his time but that was the kind of guy he was.

Also a fellow Zappa fan. A rarity these days. We traded some obscure music back and forth.

RIP bro. You obviously had a load of friends here…

What terrible news to find upon logging in after a holiday break. Like many of us, I didn't know him personally, but he was definitely one of the first boardies that I started paying attention to when I joined up, and I always enjoyed his sense of humor and eclectic taste. Sharp guy, this place will be less interesting without him. Condolences to his family.