• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Records screw up
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Did a quick search and didn't see any posts on this.

Did anyone see this poor person make this 11K mistake on Heritage The Amazing Spider-Man #1 Golden Record Reprint, like ouch.

It only had 4 bids. It says Reprint on the label not to mention the auction listing. So not one but at least two people with more dollars than sense bid on this.

I'd really love to know the story of how this happened. Oh and the buyer is taking offers at $13, 875 :facepalm:

Edited by B3AST

No return privileges

• Due to the nature of the business and market volatility, there are no return privileges. Penalties can be incurred on cancelled orders. Financing is subject to approval and non-binding prior to the execution of a signed agreement. Heritage will maintain possession of all lots until paid in full.  (I checked if there is any errors in the description - there is none).

Payments

#30. In the event Buyer fails to pay any amounts due, Buyer authorizes Auctioneer to charge the Buyer’s credit card
on file with Auctioneer in the amount required to pay the invoice in full or sell the lot(s) securing the invoice
to any underbidders in the Auction that the lot(s) appeared, or at subsequent private or public sale, or relist
the lot(s) in a future auction conducted by Auctioneer. A defaulting Buyer agrees to pay for the reasonable
costs of resale (including a 15% seller’s commission, if consigned to an auction conducted by Auctioneer). The
defaulting Buyer is liable to pay any difference between his total original invoice for the lot(s), plus any
applicable interest, and the net proceeds for the lot(s) if sold at private sale or the subsequent hammer price
of the lot(s) less the 15% seller’s commissions, if sold at an Auctioneer’s auction.

I think the winner has no way out.