• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,028 posts in this topic

On 12/21/2023 at 1:47 PM, GDN said:

Of course.  But I'm responding to someone telling us or YTubers to waste time looking up other numbers that will only reference a legit submission.

100% this. Looking up entire submissions via a cert # isn’t going to help any of us. 

I'm not touching a blue label 181 with a 10 foot pole going forward.  I wonder how many are out there without the MVS?

BrysComics had a video 2 weeks ago where someone cracked a very old blue label 181 to do CPR and found the MVS missing.  I don't think that one was this same scam as that label was super old.

On 12/21/2023 at 1:53 PM, GDN said:

I'm not touching a blue label 181 with a 10 foot pole going forward.  I wonder how many are out there without the MVS?

BrysComics had a video 2 weeks ago where someone cracked a very old blue label 181 to do CPR and found the MVS missing.  I don't think that one was this same scam as that label was super old.

CPR?

IMG_1346.jpeg

On 12/21/2023 at 5:53 PM, GDN said:

What a @#$%^ mess. CGC's reputation is going to be tarnished for a long time.

Edited by mephistopheles

On 12/21/2023 at 4:50 PM, GDN said:

Spine ticks match also.  Like the ones above and below the "he's here" box

Ticks near Wolvies claw also line up exactly. I agree same book.

Is anyone willing to go to Sarasota and crack one of these books open in front of CGC witnesses, if the owner can be found?

Edited by drotto

On 12/21/2023 at 4:59 PM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

Qualified 8.5 spine ticks

image.png.fb2bb5eba83d339db8ce08fef0ea1cae.png

Universal 8.5 spine ticks 

image.png.8317616e14870c33c42a74f0bba166d7.png

Actually it was that first tick near the marquee that made me look closer, because the pics on WP were too small. Props to those who provided better pics!