• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,028 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2023 at 7:13 PM, William-James88 said:
On 12/28/2023 at 5:18 PM, Mdesimone said:

I hope to hear how cgc is going to compensate, I had a switcharoo with an amaze spider man 129 he swapped an 8.0 into a 9.0 holder. In its real form an 8.0 it’s worth more then what I paid for the fake 9.0 now

Expand  

How do you know your book is part of this scam?

:popcorn:

Anybody know how long it takes CGC's Cert Lookup Count to reset?

I was looking up various high value comics in my collection and after 10 or 15 I started getting the:

Your search activity has exceeded our limits. These limits help to protect the security of our database. Please try again later.

On 12/28/2023 at 7:20 PM, Mdesimone said:

I bought from the scammer on eBay

Sorry, I'd be so mad if I was you.  That's one of my grails...  Sadly I only have it in 7.0 but I still love it.

Edited by pdags

On 12/28/2023 at 7:24 PM, Mdesimone said:

I am pissed but I’m a little better knowing it isn’t purple or green but still want cgc to compensate 

Unfortunately there’s no way of knowing whether or not the book was swapped out, or merely the result of a press and resub.

On 12/28/2023 at 7:27 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Unfortunately there’s no way of knowing whether or not the book was swapped out, or merely the result of a press and resub.

It’s the same book with different certifications numbers……. Book has no signs of a press either , so you think my 9.0 is legit? My 9,0 was graded in 2012 

Edited by Mdesimone

On 12/28/2023 at 7:30 PM, Mdesimone said:

It’s the same book with different certifications numbers……. Book has no signs of a press either , so you think my 9.0 is legit? My 9,0 was graded in 2012 

On 12/28/2023 at 7:32 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I understand.  But CGC could argue that the 8.0 could have been pressed and resubmitted.

You still think it was pressed and regraded? The 8.0 was graded in 2015

IMG_7761.png

Edited by Mdesimone