• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,030 posts in this topic

On 12/30/2023 at 7:15 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Probably.  But put it in front of a lower wage worker whose  job depends on productivity and the boss is pushing speed and numbers.  Let's see how many times that book leaves as a 9.8 vs 9.4. 

Bingo.

Hence its a CGC problem with an easy fix.

Okay its time for Inn and Out Burger.   Have a good night

On 12/30/2023 at 9:19 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Probably chillin somewhere that they don’t extradite 

Would take more than a few thousand books for that to be the case.

On 12/30/2023 at 9:29 PM, Iconic1s said:
On 12/30/2023 at 9:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Fixed the typos, if you take a breath to revisit lol

Nah 

Lol

Screenshot_20231230_213102_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 12/31/2023 at 4:57 AM, Heronext said:

Apple News is just a news aggregator and shows you articles based on your interests. 

Then why do I get so much sports news?? :flamed:

Comic book news just seems to be a regular segment of general entertainment news these days, which is excellent.

On 12/30/2023 at 10:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

He means to say that like the movie he was watching, it's all a smokescreen. He doesn't do a good job of detail, but goes like this.

Swapper scammer is being found out as the source, or perp.

He has a "mary" or stooge scapegoat on the return packaging, the return address.

The middle men are the people posting on you tube, some of them are middle men who are in on the scam and smokescreening to draw any from the truth.

All that sounds possible or based in movie fiction and or real crime, but he sums it up as "they have their own cgc account!" And that's the only proof he has of all of the above, which could also be "true,  BUT sounds like a weak link that makes it look as conspiracy toward tin foil" 

But perhaps the subject matter is rooted in some kind of truth, but I'd agree probably not "all of that is happening here nor is there proof there of!"

Nothing I wrote was meant to bring up YouTube. I'll illustrate later

Edited by Heronext

On 12/30/2023 at 9:34 PM, Heronext said:

Nothing I wrote was meant to bring up YouTube.  Obvious fail on my part.

No worries, I tried, I'll delete the post of explanation. You just had watched a movie, and I thought your ideas came from it, no worries 

On 12/30/2023 at 10:34 PM, Heronext said:

Nothing I wrote was meant to bring up YouTube.  Obvious fail on my part.

I got lost with this: "Someone in the middle who works or has worked for Joe Blow might be slipping their own books in with the larger submissions with or without others' knowledge."

Don't want to be lost, but here I am.

On 12/30/2023 at 10:40 PM, Lightning55 said:

I got lost with this: "Someone in the middle who works or has worked for Joe Blow might be slipping their own books in with the larger submissions with or without others' knowledge."

Don't want to be lost, but here I am.

I'll take it offline with you.  I probably wrote that fast and I can see where some of it's confusing.

Edited by Heronext

On 12/31/2023 at 2:47 PM, Heronext said:

You pick topics & news sources you like, then based on the types of articles you read, they show you more of that

Fair. I never chose what Apple News I get, but comics news is always included in the entertainment section. I get pretty much every other subject as well; I always assumed i just got the generic feed that everyone else gets.

On 12/31/2023 at 10:54 AM, wiparker824 said:

I don’t know that this is a skill problem, certainly hard to believe anyways. This is a process problem more than likely IMO. It seems that more than likely the books for reholders weren’t even looked at, likely not even removed from the inner wells. Because if they were it isn’t hard to flip thru and verify a MJI. That’s a “skill” I can teach my 4 year old - find the books with the jewelry ad. 

It seems their policy was 'If someone tells you we missed an MJ insert, just take them at their word and don't waste 5 minutes verifying it.'

On 12/30/2023 at 9:53 PM, Steven Valdez said:

It seems their policy was 'If someone tells you we missed an MJ insert, just take them at their word and don't waste 5 minutes verifying it.'

Ya I'd have hated to be random worker "Dave" that day, that's for sure yeet lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM