• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,028 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2024 at 1:15 PM, Samlarn72 said:

Is there a list of the stolen books?

I was wondering if my missing ff5 

#releasethelist....again....the new list I mean.

Hopefully this guy will send back all the comics he stole so CGC can check whether they were tampered with or not...

I'm losing the thread here and would appreciate it if someone can clear up my confusion.

Am I right that this married couple being sued by CGC are completely separate from the scammer behind "the list" we've been talking about on this thread?  Because I don't recall any of the books on "the list" being stolen.

On 2/1/2024 at 7:47 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I'm losing the thread here and would appreciate it if someone can clear up my confusion.

Am I right that this married couple being sued by CGC are completely separate from the scammer behind "the list" we've been talking about on this thread?  Because I don't recall any of the books on "the list" being stolen.

Different crime, different case

On 2/1/2024 at 3:23 PM, comicwiz said:

Another stretch of not having time on my side, but I guess this is as good as any time to share a link to my journal "Who Watches the Watchmen" - where I've posted some excerpts from the motion for injunction (and will update given this revelation).

Based on the COMPLAINT...

The guy was reholdering inferior books with duplicate (but authentic) labels from higher graded (different) books.

They were also able to get SS books encapsulated somehow without going through regular grading (and witnessing) protocols. 

Has way too many similarities to the "ASM 252 reholder" scam for my liking!

On 2/1/2024 at 7:47 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I think you answered your question. My advice: let CGC answer that for you with their next move.

On 1/30/2024 at 4:15 PM, grendel013 said:

I know it's a stretch but is there any way to tell if any CGC staff have recently been "let go"? If there is an "inside man" I'm assuming it would NOT be a grader. Rather it would be someone with access to the labeling/encapsulation. We do have a list of the current grading team which is available online if we did want to start there. Meet the Graders | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Is anyone intimate enough with the staff to know if anyone is missing?

You have the numbers for the next powerball drawing? 

On 2/1/2024 at 10:21 PM, grendel013 said:

image.png.b2220e93957d8f7b5e23583d3fb016a0.png

IMG_7141.gif.0c1ab0ed2d39b1444b7124ace001857a.gif
-  CGC on its next call with the bosses at blackstone when asked how everything is going. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Time is about right when my comic got lost

Sent this mail to cgc 25 januari:

The comic was checked in as the  Received: 7/4/23 have you talked to the person who did the unpacking? 

And the 7/28/23 the grading started and was put back on hold 2 hours later is it that grader you talked to about my missing book?

Because I got an email after contacting cgc 8/21/23 I got the answer that it was an error in the decription ....the grader that put it back did not file it as missing?

And later I was told that it was missplaced ( like in another line) and then later missing. 

And every time I pay I have to call cgc first so the transfer works so its a bit of work for me. 

Is the comic gone or is there still hope it can be found?

I really want my ff5 or another copy 1.5-1.8 its not easy to find us comics in sweden

Plz get back to me with answers

Thanks 

Stefan Karlsson 

On 2/2/2024 at 4:56 AM, Nick Furious said:

Does that look like your book?  Just curious.  

Hard to tell 

My comic was lose on the bottom staple, And I cant see it on the pictures. It was graded one month after my was missing and a 1.8 can perhaps get a 2.5 on a good day...