• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,028 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2024 at 1:22 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

And what may that look like? Some sort of internal piece that breaks if the entire slabbed is cracked open?

Not sure, but something different! - more noticable if tampered with.

On 2/4/2024 at 11:53 AM, mosconi said:

In this case would CGC be able to go about freezing all their assets, bank accounts, etc., through the courts?  

Getting a judgment and collecting it are two very different things.  Many scammers work hard to be judgment-proof.  The government can freeze assets before a conviction.  CGC can win a judgment but would have to hire someone to try and collect, as I understand it.

Edited by shadroch

On 2/4/2024 at 10:22 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

And what may that look like? Some sort of internal piece that breaks if the entire slabbed is cracked open?

You could redesign the posts that snap the case together. 

Something along this line that would snap off when the slab is opened.

image.png.69b123086884f60535023b1dd59b8c73.png

On 2/4/2024 at 12:22 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

The other company seems to have figured it out. I don’t think it’s that hard of you are designing for it. 

On 2/4/2024 at 11:43 AM, sledgehammer said:

@comix4fun

Do you have access to this, Chris?

Until I can log in for myself, here's a link that breaks down the latest filing. 

On 1/29/2024 at 1:31 PM, davidpg said:

Now THIS would be a bad PR move.  CGC should offer a replacement physical book of the cash equivalent at the moment of the agreement.  Maybe throw in a free submission or two as well as a goodwill gesture.

They will have to clean it up everything (replacing all bad apples [employees & HR staffs]), new revision on the company policy and more strength on the security. It may take for about 6 months to 1 year. Probably, Blackstone will have to sell CGC to someone else.

Edited by JollyComics

On 2/4/2024 at 4:14 PM, sledgehammer said:

That's hilarious. Can we just ignore him?

The same Automatic Comics doosh that did this:

On 12/26/2023 at 10:41 AM, badback83 said:

Not that it really matters much, but for the people who are following along with the Youtube crowd, StickyGoose doesn't think there is a scam.  :roflmao:

Guy is a dope.

We've already seen that he, as Automatic Comics, stole info from comicwiz in his comments, deleted them,, and stated it was his discovery

To be fair, I believe it's Goose's wife who is an attorney and she is the one explaining the legal documents.  Which, to me, seems very informative.  I have not watched the most recent video above though.

On 2/4/2024 at 4:20 PM, badback83 said:

To be fair, I believe it's Goose's wife who is an attorney and she is the one explaining the legal documents.  Which, to me, seems very informative.  I have not watched the most recent video above though.

I thought this video was really well done and informative, but I actively avoided the others earlier one when the scam was breaking. 

Edited by Stefan_W

On 2/4/2024 at 3:20 PM, badback83 said:

I don't feel any need to be fair to him. I think I'll be just fine, ignoring him.

I won't know any less one week from now, after the attorney(s) that I know isn't like him, chime in here with the full document.

On 2/4/2024 at 5:10 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Will we be getting any further statements from CGC regarding this matter?  I’m curious if there will be an updated list that encompasses all of the scammers submissions.

I don't think we will hear much until after they win these cases, but who knows.

Edited by HighGrade