• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 White Curator Copy

16 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2023 at 1:22 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

May be a duplicate, are we talking about this on the boards? What am I missing from Heritage. They claim there are 2 copies in 9.8, but what about the 3rd copy as a signature series in 9.8?

Signature series books are commonly counted separately. 

I think that is a very strong price for ASM #1 in 9.8. Even being the Curator copy. I think ASM #1 can only be worth so much in relation to AF #15. In my opinion, a $3M bid would put it pretty close to the AF #15 CGC 9.6 that went for $3.6M, even knowing that the ASM #1 is a 9.8.

I think that most of us are aware the market has been struggling for the last year or so. A lot of books have come down significantly in value. I'm happy to see that ASM #1 9.8 go for $1.38M. In this market especially, I think that is a strong sale. A sale that will hopefully play its own small part in keeping the rest of the market from further decline.

On 1/13/2024 at 12:03 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Nothing wrong with fixing a few imperfections (thumbsu

Who pressed this from a 9.6 to a 9.8?! Largest CPR value increase ever?! hm

Edited by Inhuman Fiend

On 1/12/2024 at 11:56 PM, Inhuman Fiend said:

Who pressed this from a 9.6 to a 9.8?! Largest CPR value increase ever?! hm

Only an increase of $1,117,100 over it's 2016 sale.

:facepalm:

On 1/11/2024 at 10:20 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

white pages

pedigree copy

ASM #1 is very hot in high grade for the past 12-15 months

Curator Pedigree. 

Those particular books often have an updraft all their own. I bet it's visually the finest copy in the world, hands down. At that top spot, if indeed it is, logic OFTEN takes a backseat to desire.