• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions Apr 4-7 2024
5 5

361 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2024 at 7:58 AM, Funnyslover said:

Iconic DC 

image.png.0944b10a25ceb5d2d0c279c080b0eb5f.png

x

This page right here is the one true FIRST SILVER AGE APPEARANCE of the Golden Age GREEN LANTERN, Golden Age DR MIDNITE, Golden Age ATOM, Golden Age HAWKMAN, & Golden Age BLACK CANARY and predates JLA #21 by a full 14 months!

flash 129p5.jpg

Edited by romitaman

Flash #129: The JSA appears only in a very quick flashback... they aren't physically there or involved in the story in any way. It's the 1st time the GA Green Lantern, Hawkman, Atom, Black Canary, Dr. Midnight, and Wonder Woman are seen in the SA though.

Flash #137: The JSA physically appears for the 1st time, though they aren't major participants in the story (it's still mostly the 2 Flashes). They are on a total of 5 pages, 3 of those as helpless prisoners of Vandal Savage. Still, they do have speaking parts at the end, after the Flashes rescue them, and they decide to reform the JSA after being apart for many years. Also, 1st Johnny Thunder in SA.

JLA #21: Reintroduces the JSA as an ongoing part of the DC universe, beginning their annual team-ups with the JLA. They are a major part of the storyline, equal to the JLA. Also, Hourman and Dr. Fate appear for the 1st time in the Silver Age.

Thing I am most surprised about this auction so far is not a single Charles Schulz piece yet.  Now that could change but with ~925 lots so far would have thought there would be 2 to 4 listed.

On 2/7/2024 at 5:32 AM, batman_fan said:

Thing I am most surprised about this auction so far is not a single Charles Schulz piece yet.  Now that could change but with ~925 lots so far would have thought there would be 2 to 4 listed.

That's good, it'll be the first auction in decades where I won't have been outbid on a Peanuts strip! 

On 2/6/2024 at 4:32 PM, batman_fan said:

925 lots?

I think that’s the sum total of all items in this auction: comics, books, Mags, OA, etc.

Presently, there are ‘only’ 478 OA lots listed.

On 2/8/2024 at 6:47 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

925 lots?

I think that’s the sum total of all items in this auction: comics, books, Mags, OA, etc.

Presently, there are ‘only’ 478 OA lots listed.

When I select the auction I get this

IMG_1004.jpeg

Edited by batman_fan

On 2/8/2024 at 12:54 PM, batman_fan said:

When I select the auction is get this

IMG_1004.jpeg

Click on the Original Art category on the left side menu, that takes you the the auction's OA.

OA category link

I'm on a computer it may be a mobile issue.

Edited by gumbydarnit

On 2/8/2024 at 12:38 PM, gumbydarnit said:

Click on the Original Art category on the left side menu, that takes you the the auction's OA.

OA category link

I'm on a computer it may be a mobile issue.

Got it, I track all items not just OA.  For these auctions total count is usually 1200 to 1400 all inclusive by auction day.  I have no idea what the typical OA artwork is.

On 2/8/2024 at 2:54 PM, batman_fan said:

Got it, I track all items not just OA.  For these auctions total count is usually 1200 to 1400 all inclusive by auction day.  I have no idea what the typical OA artwork is.

The number of sold OA lots for the past several HA Signature OA auctions:

• Jan 2024 = 644
  • Nov 2023 = 639
  • Sep 2023 = 624
  • Jun 2023 = 819
  • Mar 2023 = 774
  • Jan 2023 = 590
  • Nov 2022 = 780
  • Sep 2022 = 830
  • Jun 2022 = 624

on the comics side, here's a good one.    Grade looks slightly soft but the book does look gorgeous below the blue banner.

29699982%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

Edited by Bronty

On 1/19/2024 at 9:20 PM, tth2 said:

Interesting.  How does one price a Ditko Spidey page that features almost every key character from the Spidey-verse at that time, with one notable exception?

The dealer that has (had) this tried to. The ask was + $100,000

On 2/6/2024 at 2:32 PM, batman_fan said:

Okay, I feel better now, two early strips showed up. 

IMG_1010.jpeg

IMG_1009.jpeg