• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four #48
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hey folks! I'm going through a modest sized silver age collection right now from a friend. I want to do right by them and get them the most bang for their buck, and that means getting as accurate a read on the potential grade for the big books that are included. I'm posting Fantastic Four 48 below that looks pretty good over all. Biggest thing you might not be able to see from the centerfold shot is the slight staple rust. It's better than I thought it might be. Let me know what you think!

FF48_1.jpg

FF48_2.jpg

FF48_3.jpg

FF48_4.jpg

FF48_5.jpg

FF48_6.jpg

FF48_7.jpg

FF48_8.jpg

FF48_9.jpg

FF48_10.jpg

That spine and the top edge of the back cover (plus the staples) lend me to put this at 4.0. Why I call it that instead of a 4.5 or higher is partly due to the amount of creases on the spine. 4.0 = "accumulation of creases or dimples" while 4.5 = "minor to moderate accumulation of creases or dimples." I'm betting I'm going to weigh in at the low end of the scale of what people will post here. Anyway, some nice qualities to that book, too, and quite a nice piece to have.