• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Comics That Aren't on The GCD (at the Time of Posting) Because You're Too Lazy to Upload Them Yourself and Besides, AJD and OtherEric Will Likely Do it For You Anyway Thread
2 2

66 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2024 at 8:21 AM, rakehell said:

Ok. A couple of easy ones first. These are weirdy ones, I guess, in that they should be thick on the ground (careful now).

sw2wv35c.thumb.jpg.f493f02ead277d75c1b0461e557ce506.jpg sw4wv35c.thumb.png.3a5ceacea33c2d37585a7e17f2da6599.png

Star Wars multi-pack non-reprint 35 cent variants. As I said, fairly easy to find. Just try to find a SW1 30 cent non-multi-pack reprint. I've only ever seen one, and I don't really trust the image. Also tough is the SW5 non-multi-pack reprint. Just wasted a half an hour trying to turn one up & found nothing.

This is going to be one of the next things I try to quantify: relative scarcity of all of the Star Wars variants. :banana:

Are you referring to this one? If so, these are all over the place around here.

s-l1600.jpg

On 1/4/2024 at 5:36 PM, JollyComics said:

I just pulled the copy.  It shows Paladin's head in UPC code box (Direction Edition).

They're two a penny Jolly, the Paladins. You need to get yourself a Spidey head copy to be one of the uncool crowd :)

On 1/4/2024 at 12:40 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

They're two a penny Jolly, the Paladins. You need to get yourself a Spidey head copy to be one of the uncool crowd :)

I wonder what the editorial train of thought was that led to the Paladin drawing in the UPC box in the first place. "Look kids, more Paladin for your money!"

On 1/4/2024 at 6:05 PM, JollyComics said:

ASM 320 in UK is currently on sale.

ASM 320 in UK was recently sold.

I think that Spidey face in UPC code box for UK.

No! Really?

On 1/4/2024 at 8:18 PM, AJD said:

I don't have any comics that aren't on the GCD. You see, I'm a fine community-minded person and upload scans of ones I have that weren't already there. :baiting:

Hold on Andy, I'm going to sneeze.

Ah..Ah...AH...AH...BALDERDASH!

Right, sorry about that. Now, what was you saying again?

On 1/4/2024 at 5:31 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Are you referring to this one? If so, these are all over the place around here.

s-l1600.jpg

I am indeed. I added the issue skeleton to the GCD a few months back, remembering that I used to have a copy back in the dim and distant past.

Where is "around here" btw?

Also, can I add your scan to the GCD?

:wishluck:

On 1/5/2024 at 3:16 AM, rakehell said:

I am indeed. I added the issue skeleton to the GCD a few months back, remembering that I used to have a copy back in the dim and distant past.

Where is "around here" btw?

Also, can I add your scan to the GCD?

:wishluck:

Around here - DC metro area. Feel free.