• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone ever seen one of these before?
3 3

44 posts in this topic

Not so sure I like a machine where you "receive comic at bottom" :eek: (tsk)

I remember a contributor to Comic Book Marketplace recalling having to buy several comics to get the one he wanted from a vending machine but I had no idea what one looked like. 

Thanks for posting the picture. 

On 1/8/2024 at 9:47 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

FB_IMG_1704771611565.jpg.f0f1aecdfce84b41180ce01ccf3e2f50.jpgFB_IMG_1704771623918.jpg.2a405a8cc959dc185b45b6692ae2d0bc.jpgFB_IMG_1704771631767.jpg.6ecbe5d8261e9a5841493279c9cedd54.jpg

not this particular model but i remember some years ago someone else posted a comic vending machine that someone was selling on craiglist

I have a few fading childhood memories of buying comics in the 12¢ era, but don't recall ever seeing a machine like this. It was mostly spinner racks and magazine racks, though there was one store that used to just put them out in stacks on shelving. They'd overlap the stacks so you could see a couple inches of each title.

I also never saw a machine like that.  But the look and materials fit for a mid-60s contraption, at a time when plastic parts were just beginning to be incorporated routinely into devices, machines, and appliances.