• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So how did you all survive the forum outage of 2024?
3 3

40 posts in this topic

It’s always the same.

A descent into paranoia, crushing uncertainty, the concern that I would never receive positive reinforcement again.

It was agonisingly tough.

Somehow, though, by a miracle, I made it through.

I suspect it was thanks to a combination of irony and British fortitude.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/16/2024 at 11:13 AM, namisgr said:

Also, shoveled the three inches of snow that fell overnight.

About this time last year, after straining my back again shoveling snow, I bought a SnowJoe. It is still sitting, in the box unused as we haven't had any snow since. My wife agreed it would be foolish to use it on the half-inch or so that we got yesterday evening. She was proven right when it has all melted off this morning.

Two year warranty on the thing.

On 1/16/2024 at 3:14 PM, ttfitz said:

About this time last year, after straining my back again shoveling snow, I bought a SnowJoe. It is still sitting, in the box unused as we haven't had any snow since. My wife agreed it would be foolish to use it on the half-inch or so that we got yesterday evening. She was proven right when it has all melted off this morning.

Yep, I said when I bought mine that I was really just guaranteeing there would be no snow for the next couple of years.  You're all welcome!  :acclaim:

On 1/16/2024 at 9:07 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

The forum was down?

Yup. There was a general atmosphere of melancholia.

On 1/16/2024 at 12:14 PM, ttfitz said:

Its always a good thing to listen to our Wives , smart as heck even though sometimes we think we are smarter ! For what was over 3 years we had this fun argument , fun mind you . She always said her mountain was taller and I always said that mine was taller . Where we sat was where , how we claimed our mountain , lol I went out on daily walks in 2020 and after going for what was almost a year and half. I noticed something on what was a beautiful Fall Day from a vantage point that made me eat words , her mountain truly was taller .It took me a few days but the truth needed to be told and I went on to explain the whole scene and my observation of her mountain being taller . She was nice and as always never boastful ,although I deserved it . I have always listened to her , but now more so ! :roflmao:

On 1/16/2024 at 9:15 PM, davidking623 said:

I went out on daily walks in 2020 and after going for what was almost a year and half

When I read this part I thought about that old joke - At the age of 65 my grandma started walking 5 miles a day – she's 92 now. We have no idea where she is!

On 1/17/2024 at 9:39 AM, DougC said:

While the forums were down I started a pressing business but got side tracked with my meth addiction and started to swap labels in slabs on the street corner. It was a rough 10 hours.???

On 1/16/2024 at 9:27 AM, CGC Mike said:

There were two posts in 2 forums made by the same person.  Every one else was 2 hours earlier.  I believe the forum/website was down for about 10 hours.  I am not sure how that 1 person was able to make a few posts.

Witchcraft?

• Administrator
On 1/17/2024 at 1:53 PM, Kramerica said:
On 1/16/2024 at 12:27 PM, CGC Mike said:

There were two posts in 2 forums made by the same person.  Every one else was 2 hours earlier.  I believe the forum/website was down for about 10 hours.  I am not sure how that 1 person was able to make a few posts.

Witchcraft?

Aliens did a fly over just as the sun was setting in England, which reflected a beam of light off the space station, that allowed a window to open for a few posts.