• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950s Superman Tv show Question.
1 1

16 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2024 at 6:07 PM, woowoo said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/255757684634642/permalink/2387753918101664/?mibextid=oMANbw

This was another episode her name was Kathy and Superman came to answer her letter like to know this Sesson and episode also.

image.thumb.png.7a4ba4280052e0a29b5303ace776f80e.png

https://tiahblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/comics-on-tv-superman-72.html

Screenshot_20240116-181940_Chrome.jpg.a77ad0000554d9f9400c981c8e44e9c2.jpg

On 1/16/2024 at 6:53 PM, Robot Man said:

Sorry, still can’t answer your question. But here is a fun clip

I've watched all the episodes of I Love Lucy so many times, I can practically act them out. lol.  I loved this episode!

On 1/16/2024 at 11:54 AM, woowoo said:

I ask in the 1939 newsstand and no reply. I want to know what episode and season this was so I can buy it and watch on a huge screen TV. 

I say we can talk about other episodes of old comics in movies love this stuff Thank you.

image.png.e38f6687970669639bdaaee1250d780e.png

image.png.428cb0f02ea08409ed60cea711006a19.png

Don't hate me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to guess that it's Adventures of Superman, season 4, episode 2 - "The Unlucky Number". ;)  Let me know if I'm wrong. lol. :D

Edited by Telegan

On 1/16/2024 at 8:59 PM, Telegan said:

Don't hate me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to guess that it's Adventures of Superman, season 4, episode 2 - "The Unlucky Number". ;)  Let me know if I'm wrong. lol. :D

Yup 8.27 in

On 1/17/2024 at 3:15 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

This is actually a sad photo and one that many people today luckily don't understand. The crutches in the background of the first image and the leg brace would indicate this girl was likely stricken with polio. Early baby boomers would have still been susceptible to this virus and I actually had a co-worker only about five years older than myself who had been stricken with it as a child resulting in one of her legs being less developed than the other. I was lucky enough to have been born when the vaccine was available.

It's no wonder that Superman came to pay a visit! While his stories may have been corny and he didn't have the "problems" of the Marvel heroes; Superman always embodied virtues that were above and beyond your normal hero!

On 1/17/2024 at 8:02 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

This is actually a sad photo and one that many people today luckily don't understand. The crutches in the background of the first image and the leg brace would indicate this girl was likely stricken with polio. Early baby boomers would have still been susceptible to this virus and I actually had a co-worker only about five years older than myself who had been stricken with it as a child resulting in one of her legs being less developed than the other. I was lucky enough to have been born when the vaccine was available.

It's no wonder that Superman came to pay a visit! While his stories may have been corny and he didn't have the "problems" of the Marvel heroes; Superman always embodied virtues that were above and beyond your normal hero!

Probably just as sad is how George Reeves' life ended.  Talk about crazy, odd, disturbing, and sad all at once.

On 1/18/2024 at 3:58 PM, Telegan said:

Probably just as sad is how George Reeves' life ended.  Talk about crazy, odd, disturbing, and sad all at once.

I had to go re-read the story of his death. Yes strange and sad indeed. One thing I just learned is that I used to live right next to where he is buried; I wish I had known at the time I would have gone to visit the grave site. I can still do so it's just a bit out of the way but will do so one day and perhaps leave a Superman memento!

On 1/20/2024 at 10:52 PM, woowoo said:

I forgot the show, but I did watch it.

Superman27.thumb.jpg.8a1972b6c0481a9ddc31c094017a7c6c.jpg

The comic (Superman #27) is from 1944, probably contemporaneous to whatever film was being shot; it was before series TV so it's from a movie or more likely, a serial. My suspicion is that Columbia produced it since they obtained rights for Batman and later Superman from DC, the first Batman serial was shot and released in '43.

My best guess would be that scene was filmed after that, from another serial, short or feature film. hm

:cheers:

On 1/20/2024 at 10:36 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

The comic (Superman #27) is from 1944, probably contemporaneous to whatever film was being shot; it was before series TV so it's from a movie or more likely, a serial. My suspicion is that Columbia produced it since they obtained rights for Batman and later Superman from DC, the first Batman serial was shot and released in '43.

My best guess would be that scene was filmed after that, from another serial, short or feature film. hm

:cheers: