• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[BREAKING WITH NEW SELLER EXPLANATION] Can Someone Explain This to Me?
2 2

28 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2024 at 6:10 PM, JollyComics said:
Grader Notes
light spine stress lines to cover
moderate creasing to cover - it brings the grade down.

Penalizing non-color breaking bends is the CGC grading practice that I least agree with.  And sfcityduck's two examples perfectly illustrate why.  I doubt there is a collector out there who, if presented with the same book in the two grades shown, would take the 8.0 over the 7.0. 

Edited by RareHighGrade

On 1/21/2024 at 9:00 PM, buttock said:

I have seen worse missing pieces given an 8.0, but I don't know of any collectors who agree with that. 

Yeah, that would definitely be a gift grade for those I know. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 1/23/2024 at 1:01 PM, PopKulture said:

And if it were ever cracked out, the chance of ever folding that piece back without it splitting off is small. :facepalm:

Not necessarily, provided the paper is hydrated before trying it.I've successfully folded back some marginal looking paper by applying a little humidity first.

On 1/23/2024 at 9:06 PM, AJD said:

Not necessarily, provided the paper is hydrated before trying it.I've successfully folded back some marginal looking paper by applying a little humidity first.

The lighter color on the corner of this book makes me think that it spent many years folded over, yet someone was able to unfold it. (I guess someone knew what he or she was doing!)

0112181758061.jpg

Catman20A2.jpg