• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Files Lawsuit Against Employees
30 30

672 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2024 at 9:14 PM, comix4fun said:

But, really, enjoy not having the first clue who you’re talking to. 

If I had to guess, I'd say @bluehorseshoe has confused you with @Stefan_W which is where his condescension started. You mentioned looking something up on PACER - which he laughed about - which had been part of his response to Stefan. Given this post:

On 2/2/2024 at 9:09 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

It’s funny because you were way out of your depth from your first post about this stuff and all signs seem to indicate you are going to stay right there. But keep going, even a broken clock right exactly twice a day.

It seems clear he hasn't kept things straight since "your first post about this stuff" came largely in response to his strange picture of the dismissal.

Although I could be wrong, that's just what it looked like to me.

On 2/2/2024 at 10:39 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

download.thumb.jpg.634f0bb92c7674e515ad35b57cbbcc56.jpg

I could probably find them and then even serve them, depending on the rules of service of process of that State.  As far as judgments are concerned, all my lawyer clients tell me, what good is a judgment if I can't collect? The only thing that I can do with it, is frame it on my wall. (shrug)

The thing I can’t get past is that the world’s “most trusted third party grader” hired these employees.  CGC was then so lackadaisical in their processes that these employees were able to steal, grade, and sell customer’s books while in CGC’s employment.  I’m completely forgetting about the reholder scandal at the moment. 

There simply has got to be some kind of standard.  We MUST demand something more of this company.

CGC is supposed to be THE PINNACLE.  I mean, how many times am I supposed to let a Barber screw up my haircut before I look for a new Barber?

Changes have simply got to be made… I am certain CGC will be fine… there are tons of shops submitting tons of variants to sell, they’ll make money and 99.9% of buyers won’t know a thing about how the company is mismanaged, or this scandal… they just see their 50th variant of how Harley Quinn destroyed DC encapsulated in plastic and swoon.  But man, I just hit my personal limit for giving a :censored: about CGC until they truly fix themselves.

I’m so irritated because I put so much trust in this company and so much effort into locating books THEY gave high grades.  I loved the registry but now I see they were just playing me all along… current CGC leadership doesn’t give a :censored: about us, or this hobby and they won’t get another dime from me until they EARN it.  Oh, and I don’t give a :censored: what a CCG graded AC 1 sells for on Heritage!  They are crooks too!

Being a trademark lawsuit is more important than a simple theft lawsuit, the lawsuit if won will be very important to CGC protecting its name, holders and labels. A judgement is also going to carry weight over current and future employees, it’s an example of what they will do, most people do not want a judgement hanging over them, depending on the employee they could stand to lose a lot.

I wish more businesses would go after scammers and thieves, but it’s costly, time consuming and can be more damaging to a business than just letting it go. This doesn’t hide issues with CGC protocol or failures, but if they wanted to be done with this they could have done that easily and people would go on, but they didn't, they hired a PI for a purpose, the lawsuit is trademark lawsuit for a purpose. They know they will not gain financially but the protection is what they are after. I think they really want to make an example of these two.

I always look on the bright side, and again, been through these so many times with other companies, I'm very optimistic🙂 oh and I love comics, want the best for everyone.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:24 PM, D84 said:

I love ad blockers. :cloud9:

I like oranges. :cloud9: 

On 2/2/2024 at 9:39 PM, mr_highgrade said:

what good is a judgment if I can't collect? The only thing that I can do with it, is frame it on my wall.

Get it slabbed.  (thumbsu

On 2/2/2024 at 9:48 PM, comix4fun said:

My first thought was that scene in American Gangster …but with comics.  Probably not so great in reality. 

Never seen it. I know what I'll be watching tonight.

I posted a topic yesterday on IG asking if Matt Nelson should keep his job after this scandal, it got a lot of responses that were about 50/50 for and against.

I don't personally know Matt, but if I did it wouldn't change my opinion of this situation, which is that this is a bad failure on management to make sure that proper chain of custody and security measures were/are in place. First there is a lack of proper security measures to prevent the reholder scandal that just happened, and now there is a lack of proper chain of custody and basic security protocols in place to prevent any one employee from having too much access to multiple departments where there would be opportunities for bad actions to take place.

Whatever the reasons are that these didn't exist, the fact that they didn't exist is a clear failure of management.

Whoever is in charge of the internal security of the facility also should be replaced imo for a lack of understanding and recognizing the risks from having that employee overlap exist in different areas in the first place.

Some situations can be cleaned up without the need for change, some situations require changes, I think this one requires changes.

On 2/3/2024 at 12:07 AM, ttfitz said:

If I had to guess, I'd say @bluehorseshoe has confused you with @Stefan_W which is where his condescension started. You mentioned looking something up on PACER - which he laughed about - which had been part of his response to Stefan. Given this post:

It seems clear he hasn't kept things straight since "your first post about this stuff" came largely in response to his strange picture of the dismissal.

Although I could be wrong, that's just what it looked like to me.

You could be and are wrong.