• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Files Lawsuit Against Employees
30 30

672 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2024 at 3:28 PM, FlyingDonut said:

So I'm skimming through this - is it the case that the two people stole less than $30K worth of stuff and reslabbed it? My thought is that these are small time crooks who are clueless - there would be millions to be made from someone who had this kind of access and these two clowns got busted for thirty grand?

Not just millions….

IMG_0239.jpeg

On 2/2/2024 at 1:20 PM, Iconic1s said:

This problem all starts at the top.

On 2/2/2024 at 1:20 PM, Iconic1s said:

THEY made personality important, and when they promoted Nelson to President we were all supposed to be impressed… I was happy for him.  It was as much a PR stunt due to his credibility in the hobby as it may have been merit based.  I don’t want IG videos or any other stunts, I want quality services.  This experiment has failed and the company is being ran into the ground. Time to change or become irrelevant.

Are you actually suggesting that the CCG ownership group should fast track their management succession plan and turf out poor overworked Matt before they've managed to squeeze, press, and maximize all of the potential out of him and even before he's had a chance to implement his big money making CGC 9.9 pre-screen resubmit plan?  hm

Needless to say, all of the submittors who currently play the CPR game probably can't wait for Jason Ewert to be installed as the new President and Head Grader of CGC and raise the level of grading to an even higher standard with their new "Edge of Perfection" grading model along with their even bigger money making CGC 10.0 pre-screen resubmit scheme.  Without a doubt, they'll all be running down to their nearest Loonie Store as fast as their little feet can take them in hopes of finding the sharpest pair of scissors there is. :whee:

No worries on my end though, as I am already ahead of this game since I have my hedge trimmer sitting in the garage all charged up and raring to go.  (thumbsu  lol

Edited by lou_fine

I don't disagree, but I don't see a great solution. I suppose you can take people off the street and train them to grade but that's how you get errors like a SS Action 1 9.4 or whatever. 

I lost faith in the company years ago, and recent events have done nothing to cause me to regret it.  

On 2/4/2024 at 5:24 PM, jimjum12 said:

It's just you.

Well........

On 2/4/2024 at 5:05 PM, wombat said:

I don't think what CGC does fits any definition of mass production. 

On 2/4/2024 at 5:24 PM, jimjum12 said:

They've done multi-millions. Units. Over 10M I think. I guarantee they're not spending an hour on each book. I think the math will bear that out.

You don't have to spend an hour on each book to disqualify it from "mass production." And over 10 million units - assuming that's right - over the course of 23 years isn't very "mass production" either.

On 2/4/2024 at 6:26 PM, ttfitz said:

Well........

You don't have to spend an hour on each book to disqualify it from "mass production." And over 10 million units - assuming that's right - over the course of 23 years isn't very "mass production" either.

Right.

What is it then?

On 2/4/2024 at 2:52 PM, jimjum12 said:

but CGC has had a policy of keeping the ownership info for each submission secret from the grading team to eliminate favoritism or cronyism.

Although this clearly works in theory or in a fantasy world, you DO realize that unfortunately we are stuck living in the REAL world here.  hm

Perfect case in point being the shall we say SEEMINGLY (well, at least from a strict visual POV since we don't have the actual books in hand) rather "generous" grading of the Promise Collection of pedigree books which makes you wonder who the so-called anonymous "secret" submittors really were?  :mad:  :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/4/2024 at 6:31 PM, lou_fine said:

Although this clearly works in theory or in a fantasy world, you DO realize that unfortunately we are stuck living in the REAL world here.  hm

Perfect case in point being the shall we say SEEMINGLY (well, at least from a strict visual POV since we don't have the actual books in hand) rather "generous" grading of the Promise Collection of pedigree books which makes you wonder who the so-called anonymous "secret" submittors really were?  :mad:  :censored:

My point was THEIR policy, not mine. :bigsmile: I don't have anything to do with it, Dean. I do know what you mean about the real world. It hasn't been the Garden Of Eden for a VERY long time. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 2/4/2024 at 6:43 PM, wombat said:

Just like they don't know books they pressed themselves. 

wink.gif

They do know.   I thought it was that they cannot universally distinguish whether or not a book was pressed or not if it was pressed by someone other than CCS.  

On 2/4/2024 at 6:43 PM, wombat said:

Just like they don't know books they pressed themselves. 

wink.gif

Their policy is that pressing is not an issue. You don't have to buy their product or submit to them. It can bother someone until the cows come in... they won't be changing that policy. That being said, I like you and your contributions, but when someone insinuates widespread incompetence, and I know some of these people, I will say something. Nothing personal to you, my friend. GOD BLESS ...

On 2/4/2024 at 7:02 PM, jimjum12 said:

Their policy is that pressing is not an issue. You don't have to buy their product or submit to them. It can bother someone until the cows come in... they won't be changing that policy. That being said, I like you and your contributions, but when someone insinuates widespread incompetence, and I know some of these people, I will say something. Nothing personal to you, my friend. GOD BLESS ...

Nothing personal. We are aloud to disagree. It would be very boring if everyone always agreed. 

That being said, I think they have many self inflicted wounds and I would call some of them incompetence.   

On 2/4/2024 at 7:08 PM, wombat said:

Nothing personal. We are aloud to disagree. It would be very boring if everyone always agreed. 

That being said, I think they have many self inflicted wounds and I would call some of them incompetence.   

nxKDdHC.jpg

On 2/4/2024 at 7:20 PM, wombat said:

Well if you are trying to distract me.........................you are succeeding. 

A "rose of peace" offering :cloud9: GOD BLESS ...