• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #301 Newsstand *Grade Is In!*
3 3

9 posts in this topic

Mostly posting this here because I’m interested in one defect and how CGC will treat it (posted about it in the Grading and Restoration forum but no one chimed in).

Big issue here is obviously the small staple tears at the bottom staple. They’re between 1-2mm each, but I’m thinking it could be production-related? The staple itself feels very firmly attached. It doesn’t slip or move at all (though I didn’t try that hard lol), and the cover/spine is quite tight—it almost felt like the book hadn’t been opened. Also, I don’t think the book has been pressed (if it has, they did a really bad job since there’s still a stacking bend). So yeah, long story short, I’m curious if A.) y’all think this is indeed production related from stapling or folding; and B.) if so, how much it’ll affect the grade on CGC’s end. I am C&Ping and subbing this, so there will be a follow up.

Other issues are light soiling on the FC that’ll most likely clean, a light non-CB stacking bend that I mentioned previously, and a couple non-CB spine ticks on the FC. Corners are sharp and the back spine is surprisingly clean (if you know this book, you know what I mean).

Sorry for being so wordy—thanks for looking!

IMG_7472.jpeg

IMG_7473.jpeg

IMG_7474.jpeg

IMG_7475.jpeg

IMG_7476.jpeg

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_7466.jpeg

IMG_7467.jpeg

IMG_7468.jpeg

IMG_7469.jpeg

IMG_7470.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

IMG_7477.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpeg

Edited by Nschenks

Officially, the book says 7.0-9.6. I have a book that was really nice but knocked down to 8.5 with similar staple tears. Not 100% sure, but I'd bet the modern books lose more for staple tears than vintage.

Would've said 9.6 if pressed. Where the heck was I early February? :tonofbricks: